Chapter 30

Calum

-Ash, please tell me this does not look weird

I said as I walked down the stairs, trying to make my tie look at least decent.

-Damn, buddy, why so elegant so early? -He asked, turning around in his stool.

-I told you today is Moon's graduation ceremony and she invited me to go with her, but I've seen three different tutorials on how to tie a tie and I still don't know if I did it right. -I explained.

-I think it looks good enough. Is your in-law in town too?

-Yeah, it's his last day, he wanted to be with May today. -I said, sitting next to my friend-. Lately they've been closer than ever and now he's trying to be with her more.

-Typical father trying to make amends for years of negligence. -He joked.

-Quite literally. Now I have to spend the day with them and I don't want it to be uncomfortable.

-Well, good luck, man. -He said and stood up from his chair-. I'm meeting Luke and Mike later, if you need anything, call us.

Ashton went upstairs and I took my things so I could leave. I was actually pretty nervous, because I didn't have the best experiences with Jason and having to spend so much time with him makes me anxious, but I want to be there for my girl more than anything, she's been so happy lately, irradiating joy through out every smile, and I want it to be like that as long as possible because is beautiful to see her like that, it makes me so incredibly happy. But Ash is right, it somewhat feels like her father is seeking for redemption after everything and it's a little odd, but I don't want to pop her bubble because I know how much she needed her father, a family in general, so I'll just shut up and enjoy seeing the girl that drives me crazy being the happiest she's been in a while.

I left my place and walked all the way to the top of the hill, because I'd had to leave my car up there if I brought it, so it was easier to just walk. When I got to the Ross House, rang the bell and waited for the door to open, fool of me I thought I'd saw my girlfriend behind that door, but instead there was Jason, looking at me with his usual statue-like face. I tried to smile and said:

-Good Morning, Mister Ross.

-Morning. Moon is still getting ready, come in, you can wait inside. -He said, starting to walk inside the place again.

I followed him and, when we got to the intersection where at the right was the living room and at the left was the hallway that lead to the staircase to the second floor and Jason's office, we both stopped walking and looked at each other in an awkward way until he sighed and with a movement of his head said:

-Come with me, please.

I listened and entered his office with him, that place looked like taken out from the seventies, with some colorful carpets on the floor and paintings on the wall, not quite the style you would expect from someone like him, but at the same time incredibly modern with the black furniture, golden details and a state-of-the-art computer on a perfectly clear and clean glass desk, it was so weird yet elegant, like the rest of the house, actually. Jason told me to take a sit and he sat right in front of me, I felt so judged and examined in that moment, also anxious for not knowing what he wanted.