Chapter 25

Calum

It's so weird when you get used to have your person next to you, because you feel so stupid when you wake up and find yourself reaching out for them in bed, just to find out that you're alone, in your room and that she's probably at school in that exact moment.

As you can guess, missing someone it's not the best way to wake up, because you feel empty, like a part of you is no longer there. So, yeah, that morning I felt like shit. And it's been only two days since I left her place, what am I going to do on tour? Cry because I miss her? Probably. But that's not the point. I gotta do something to change this before it gets worse. Don't get me wrong, it's okay to miss someone you love, but at some point it's simply not healthy anymore.

Anyway, as I was already awake, I took my phone and started looking over my notifications. There were plenty of mentions in Twitter, some on Instagram, as usual, but I knew that the only thing I was looking for was a message from May. Every morning, before leaving for high school, she sends me a message to see when I wake up, or perhaps when I finished the shows on the 5 days, 5 countries, because in Europe time is completely reversed, and they are so cute. That morning the message said: "Good morning, lover boy! I hope you slept well, and dreaming of me. Today I have a pretty stressful day ahead, so I'll probably not be online as much. Anyway, I hope you have an amazing day, tell my boys I can't wait to see them and I adore you." That being followed by some heart emojis, always blue and purple or sometimes just the red one. Reading her texts every morning was the best way of rising my mood instantly, damn, I lover her so much. I replied her message with a similar one, in which I told her about my plans that day and asked her to take it easy with the studying. I knew she wouldn't, but at least I tried.

When I finished checking my media, it was finally time to go down to the kitchen and have breakfast. There, I found Ashton, having a coffee and some toast, we finally bought a new toaster because the other one could lit up on fire any time; he looked at me and smiled.

-Morning, buddy. You slept well? -He asked, funnily.

-I had better sleeps, to be honest. -I said, getting next to him and serving myself a cup of coffee.

-Yeah, I can imagine, sleeping with your girl must be nicer. -Ash winked an eye at me, I shook my head.

-It was definitely nicer her being the first person I saw in the morning instead of you.

-Now, that was rude! I feel offended. I'm a beautiful and very good company to have.

-Of course you are, mate. You're so amazing that I get overwhelmed, that's why I prefer being with my girlfriend. -I said, tapping his shoulder as I giggled.

-Anyway, we had things to do today, right?

-Yeah, there's an interview and a meeting with the management. I don't really want to go to any of those. -I complained.

-I think the interview will be a fast thing, but then we have to discuss so many things... I should've kept sleeping today.

-Agreed. This morning is being such a bummer. At least I'm meeting Crystal later today.

-You're going out with Mike's girlfriend? He's gonna get jealous.

We laughed but then I kept quiet for a moment, thoughtful.

-You think they'll actually end up together? Crys is much older and, if I'm not wrong, she's still dating Mark.

-I don't know... Mikey is crazy for her since they met and definitely things happened between them, but you know how our buddy is, if she doesn't take the first step, he won't do anything.