Chapter 8

Calum

I sighed and left my phone on the ground next to me

I sighed and left my phone on the ground next to me. This last few days, Moon and I were talking more than normal, not only by chat, but also by call. She would call me and we'd be doing whatever as we chatted, for instance, yesterday she was studying and I was composing some fast ideas, and we were both in silence minding our business but it was so nice because from time to time when I didn't know what to write, she helped me. And now she faked to be angry at me, if she weren't busy I would continue to annoy her but I know she's quite stressed with the upcoming exams, so I don't want to bother her much. I picked up my bass again and looked up to my band mates, Ashton's smile was quite strange.

-What? -I asked as he didn't take his gaze off me.

-You were talking to your girlfriend? -He said, in a pretty mocking tone.

-Seriously, grow up, man.

-Come on, Cal! You two must have something, I fucking heard you laugh at three in the morning talking to her.

-We are friends, that's what friends do: hang out and joke around. The fuck is wrong with you lately?

-Nothing! What are you talking about? I'm just joking, like friends do. -He said, ironically.

-You have any problems with her? Why are you always making fun of me when I talk to her?

-I'm not making fun of you. I'm trying to make you realize that girl is making you go mad, look at yourself, you are talking to her all day.

-Because she's my damn friend! Are you jealous or something because you couldn't fuck her when you wanted to? Mind your business for once.

-Oh, that's it, you did fuck her, I knew it!

-What the fuck are you saying? We barely hugged, I'm not trying to get in my bed every female human being I manage to find. She's really nice and you really should try and get to know her a little to find that out.

-Oh, she didn't tell you that we went to have lunch together a few times last month? And that we went to some parties together? I know her, Calum.

-Then what's your fucking problem?

-My problem is that I don't want her to hurt you, she likes to play with people Cal.

-But why would she do that? I don't even like her, I just like being his friend, for the fifth time! Is that so hard to understand?

At this point, everything got a little out of hand. Somehow I was standing and confronting Ashton. I sighed and sat again on the floor, next to Mike, taking my instrument again.

-Are you done arguing, kids? -Mike asked, pretty serious.

-Yeah, I'm sorry, guys... -I said.

-It's okay. -He said and took his guitar then approached my ear to say-: She's actually an amazing girl, don't listen to that dork, he's just pissed his girlfriend dumped him.