Chapter 10

Calum

Moon wasn't answering my messages, she wasn't at school and wouldn't tell me what was going on

Moon wasn't answering my messages, she wasn't at school and wouldn't tell me what was going on. I mean, she doesn't have to but I'm getting worried, something is weird. She'd been acting somewhat strange since I met her at the library, don't know why, or if it's just my imagination, but is different. Maybe I'm the one acting strange because I'm nervous she's going to be at the show tonight, I just feel a little intimidated by Moon, I don't know if she even knows our songs or if she likes them for real, what if she doesn't even sing at a concert because people around can hear her and she doesn't want that? That'd be pretty crazy, but just imagining her in front of me, standing still, looking back at me makes me insecure. And she'd changed her hair, God knows what this girl did but it has to be something pretty different so I can't even see a sneak peek of her. Besides that, I asked her to bring a companion, I spect Axel or Hayley, to be honest. There's also a possibility that she comes by alone, she's capable of that. Gosh, I'm so anxious right now. I need a cigarette. I hate Moon for showing me how good this things are but I hate myself more for accepting trying. In fact, I'm fine with this, so I don't really care about it.

-Where are you going, mate? -Luke asked.

-I need a break, we've been rehearsaling since nine, I want a little of fresh air. -I said going towards the door.

-I'm going with you. -Mike said all of a sudden.

Mike stood up and followed me to the alley behind the studio, where I took out my pack of cigarettes and lit one. The coloured hair boy looked at me confused, he never did any comment about me smoking, also barely seen me, Ashton is the one who sees me the most as we live together. I do feel somewhat judged by the people around me for doing this, it may be just my way of seeing it because I'm actually the one judging myself for doing it or may not and I'm right, people look at me weird. Anyway, as we were there, Michael was on his phone and I was leaned on a wall, letting my head wonder for a moment, so late I realised that the thought of Moon not being at school crossed my mind again and that feeling of worrying came back to me.

-What's wrong? -Mike's voice took me out of my mind.

-Nothing, I'm just over thinking.

-Cal, you know you can talk to me about what ever you want, right? I'm not Ashton, I won't say all the stupid things he says. -By his face, I was sure he knew the protagonist of my thoughts.