Chapter 17

Moon

-Hayley, please, this is not necessary...

We just got out of school, Hayley was literally dragging me towards my car so we could go back to my house. She said was worried about me, saying that I haven't been me for days, and she's right. Lately I don't feel anything. Like anything at all. My whole world was plain, all grey and dull. But it was nice, because my mind was blank too, if there weren't thoughts, there wasn't sadness, until I saw something that could trigger it.

-It is. You've been a zombie all week and I'm sure you haven't been eating properly lately. -Ley was always really focused on that.

-That's not true. -I said with tired voice.

She stopped walking and looked at me dead in the eye.

-Moon, my dear, you look gaunt, your black circles speak for themselves and you have no fucking energy, literally can barely talk. So don't tell me you've been eating properly!

-I said I'm fine.

-And I said I don't belive you. Get in the car, I'll drive you home and we'll wait for Axel to bring lunch.

I didn't spend the little strength I had left in arguing with my friend and just listened. I got in my car, in the passenger seat, and watched Hayley drive home. I had to avoid looking out the window when I arrived at the urbanization, as that broke my peace of mind, if my plant state could be called peace. The blonde and I entered my house, there was no one, my father wouldn't arrive until tomorrow, although we did not talk to each other since what happened the other day, I was still so angry at him even after the decision I made. Anyway, Ley and I went up to my room, and once there she looked at me disappointed? I couldn't really tell what her face meant, but maybe it was because my room was a little of a mess.

-You're gonna tell me this is "being fine" for you? -Hayley asked.

-I just didn't feel like cleaning up everything, I'll do it tomorrow, I guess... -I said, sitting on the bed.

-You guess. Moon, what the fuck is going on? What happened?

-Nothing happened, everything is okay, Ley. -I started to say as I played around with a book that for some reason was on my pillow. I think I found my science book.

She stopped looking at me and started walking all over the room, opening up all the windows and moving away the curtains, so light could come inside the place. But she saw my coffee table.

-You don't even try to hide them anymore.

-They aren't doing me any harm. -I said, going by her side and picking up the little box were my weed was.

-Of course they do! Look at you, I don't even recognize you, Moon.

-Because I'm not Moon. Not anymore. -Now she looked at me confused.

-What does that even mean? Are you high?

-I'm not, I was just tired of being someone I wasn't.

-What? Moon, honey, you are confusing and worrying me even more.

-When you have three possible names, you can choose who you want to be and I'm sick of being Moon.

-You hate your other names.

-Maybe it's time to start appreciating them. -Even if my heart hurt saying that, there wasn't any emotion in me. It was weird.

-It's actually time for you to start talking about what the hell happened.

-I don't know what you're talking about. -I said, sitting down on the sofa in front of the coffee table and the fireplace.

-Please, don't make me force you to speak. Just tell me, to know how to help you, because if you keep quiet I won't be able to do anything until is too late. -She begged, taking me by the hands.