Chapter 32

Calum

-Yeah, you should definitely leave him.

-And spend more time with us, we're way funnier.

As I walked back to the rehearsal room, I could hear Luke and Michael talking to someone, seemed pretty amused and joyful but I couldn't decipher who the other person was. Once I went through the door, I realised they were talking on the phone but I wasn't expecting to hear a very specific voice:

-Come on, guys, don't be so hard on him.

Moon said, giggling, following their joke. Confused as hell, I approached them, just to discover that they were actually using my phone. I started searching for it in my pockets, because I didn't recall leaving it in the room when I went out, but it was obvious I did not bring it with me.

-What are you doing with my phone? -I asked, taking it from Mike's hands. Moon's contact was on display on the screen and I could hear her laughing.

-Hey, man! That's rude, we were having a conversation. -The neon green hair boy said, standing up from the floor.

-Yeah, you were having a conversation with my girlfriend through my phone. That's not nice.

-That's not our fault, you left the phone unattended and she called, we couldn't let you miss the call. -Luke said, sassy.

-Speaking of which, I actually need to talk to Calum if you don't mind. -May said and I could tell the urge in her voice.

-Sure, just let me get out of here; else I won't be able to talk without this dorks interrupting. -I looked at them while I went out of the room again, they still had a stupid smile on their faces, like little kids who know they've been naughty.

-You shouldn't keep secrets from your friends. -Mike shouted from inside, followed by the laughs of my two other band mates.

Ignoring them, I closed the door behind me and went back to the alley where I was barely five minutes ago. There, I could finally talk with my girl without distractions:

-Hey, love, I'm sorry for that. I thought I had the phone on me. -I apologised but she just kept giggling.

-Don't worry, Thomy. I missed talking with the guys, but there's a reason I was calling...

-Is anything wrong?

-Not that somethings wrong but I do need your help. -She sighed-. This might be a little too much to ask, but today's Sarah's birthday and I promised her that I'd pick her up but I really can't make it. I'm like forty minutes away from home and still haven't finished my errands yet; so could you pick her up from school for me, pretty please? I promise I'll reward you later...

-But I don't even know where her school is. -I said as I weighed the idea in my mind, trying to think of what I needed to do that day that might interfere with my girlfriend's request.

-I'll send you the address and anything needed, but I really don't want to cancel on her, it'd break her little heart. Besides that, I really want to spend time with you, it's been some busy days for the both of us.

-That's true... To be honest, I was planning on calling you later because I might have something for you.

She gasped, surprised. I could feel her excitement through the phone, what made me smile.

-Oh my God, what is it?

-It's a surprise, May, and I really hope you'll love it.

-I'm sure I will. -I heard some kind of PA in the background that I couldn't understand but apparently it exalted her-. Cal, I have to go. I'll send you the location of the school and the restaurant in no time.