Chapter 3

Moon

-This man will be the death of me, I warn you

I said and threw the phone away before leaning on the bed. Hayley came by my side and looked at me curious, we were both worried for the blueberry, he used to disappear but we never knew where he was.

-Did he answer the message?

-Yeah, he said he had some stuff to do and that he'll see us at school. I hate so much when he does this, is it so hard to tell us that is leavening? I mean, is frustrating.

-It is but you know we can't stop him. -She hugged me.- Don't worry so much, Moon, he'll be fine, he always is.

Her way of saying that reminded me of something and I felt pressure creating in my chest just thinking about it. 

-Is he back at the boxing club? -Ley looked away from me.- Hayley, you know something I don't?.

-Ax told me not to tell you but yes, he is and he had a fight tonight...

-Oh my God! Against who? -I said, standing up.

-I don't know, some random guy, I guess.

-Ley, Nick was boxing tonight, I heard him talking about it yesterday! And Axel doesn't like him at all...

-Maybe it's not the same club, there are lots of them.

-They are clandestine fights, all versus all, no matter in what team you are, you'll fight others and I'm pretty sure that Ax knew Nick was going to be there.

-You used to fight too, remember?

-Yeah, until I almost killed a girl because I was high. That world is dangerous, I don't want him in it, if something happened to him...

-Nothing is going to happen, he knows what he's doing. Come on, let's get ready or we'll be late to school.

-I don't fucking care, I need to see Axel.

-Moon, blue is okay, we'll see him in a while so just dress up and let's leave.

-Ugh, fine.

I stood up and took a fast shower. I decided to drees up a little more fancy, just because I had kinda date with Nick. Black skinny jeans, a cute white shirt with lace details, I was so tempted to put on a corset but I didn't because I thought it was too much for just go to class and to a Cafe. I decided to wear boots because it was raining and after a little makeup I was ready to go. Ley and I went to the garage and got in my car, it was a huge, black, Jeep. I love big cars, they make me feel powerful. The blonde and I chatted quietly during the drive to Oxford, I couldn't stop thinking about Axel, I should've known he was back at it, I saw fucking bruises on his arms and chest but I don't know why I didn't thought about the damn fights.

We were fifteen when we started boxing, at first it was just me but then he joined. I didn't realize that it was a greatest mistake I could ever make but I needed the money and I was at my lowest, I did so many things I regret, he too, and we promised each other we'll never go back to that. Apparently he could not keep his promise... I looked for a second to my knuckles on the steering wheel, all those scars from every fight, all the memories from nights that I spent awake, seeing others fight and fighting. To be honest, I was pretty good at it, I won almost every fight, people knew my name, I was respected and no one ever did me any wrong, but that was on the club, streets where different. When I chose the capes for my birthday, they were actually inspired by my cape when I was boxing, I can't belive it's been almost two years since I left that world.