2.29 ; life...death

Trapped within the confines of the house, the group found themselves teetering on the edge of paranoia, each member acutely aware of the potential threat looming outside. 

The mere thought of Randell and his allies lurking in the shadows sent shivers down their spines, leaving them hesitant to even so much as glance out the window for fear of what they might see. Natalie stood at the window, her fingers clenched tightly around the blind, her gaze fixated on the outside world as she strained to catch a glimpse of any movement.

Meanwhile, Carl was stationed upstairs, tasked with keeping watch as he had been instructed. The weight of responsibility hung heavy on his young shoulders, his senses on high alert as he scanned the horizon for any sign of danger. 

With every creak of the floorboards and rustle of the wind, his grip tightened on the weapon at his side, ready to defend his family and friends at a moment's notice. "He's out there," Andrea sat down trying to contain herself. "Why can't we be out there doing the same thing," 

"We stay together, that's what my dad said," Natalie had defended Rick looking out of the window just to see nothing but darkness in the distance, surrounding the trees. 

The Barn always knew what darkness was, it was surrounding the place more and more as the day went on. "Rick also said we are going to let him free either way, what if he just ran into the woods..." Carol stood up looking in the direction of Natalie, acting as if the girl knew what she was doing in the moment. When truthfully she didn't know anything that was going on hoping someone was going to come in and have a good idea of what they should do. 

Lori looked at her from the sidelines, Eyes her daughter and knowing everything that was going on inside of her mind. "It's for everyone's safety that we stay inside, Rick, Shane, Glenn and Daryl will all be back until then we wait." Explaining to the group in more simple words. T-Dog nodded and walked out into the kitchen. Hershel didn't say anything standing next to the door of the house. 

𓇻

Inside the woods, the darkness had surrounded all of the men. Shane, Daryl, Rick and Glenn had decided to split up in groups of twos so that they could make more way around the large woods. 

Rick and Shane continued to walk loomingly up the hill, Shane guiding the blinded man that was behind him. Rick saw through everything that was going on in the moment. He didn't think Randell had just run off, he knew Shane had something to do with it. 

"Does this way feel right?" Asking the man hoping he was going to stop and go back to the Farm as if none of this had happened. 

Shane stopped walking turning and looking at Rick through the darkness inside of his vision controlling him in the moment. "Right as any," Slowly shifting on his feet. 

Ducking his head down and eyeing Shane wishing he was going to take this back. "Snatched your gun, huh?" 

Nodding his head slowly; "Yeah," 

"It's my favourite piece too," Shane said causally trying not to act like something was wrong. "Gonna wish he'd--wish he'd kill me when I find his sorry ass," Nodding his head for Rick to walk in front of him. "Come on," Listening Rick had gone in the front and started to walk. 

Shane watched Rick walk in front of him holding the new gun that was on his waistband. 

𓇻

Within the confines of the house, Natalie remained fixated near the window, her fingers tracing the curve of her waist with a nervous energy. The weight of responsibility hung heavily on her shoulders, a palpable force that demanded her attention. Sensing her daughter's unease, Lori approached with a gentle reassurance, her steps deliberate as she closed the distance between them.