2.09 ; ungainly cycle

In the morning light filtering through the window, Natalie slowly roused from a peaceful slumber. For the first time in a while, the softness of a real bed cradled her body. The room, borrowed for the night, held an air of quiet comfort. Lori and Rick had stationed themselves in a vigil near Carl, ensuring his rest remained undisturbed.

As Natalie blinked away the remnants of sleep, the distant hum of a motorbike reached her ears. She shifted, expecting to find Shane's warmth beside her, but the space next to her was empty. A glance around the room confirmed her solitude. Maggie's borrowed clothes clung to her frame – a green tank top that subtly revealed her bra straps and off-the-waist jeans. She had drifted into sleep in nothing more than a bra and underwear, an unintended match to Shane's choice of boxers.

Natalie took a moment to absorb the details of the room before rising from the bed. Her gaze flitted to Shane, still peacefully asleep, his newly shaved head exposed to the morning light. She held her opinions on the change, missing the feel of his hair between her fingers but choosing not to voice it. With a soft exhale, she prepared for the day, her thoughts lingering on the motorcycle's distant hum and the quiet moments of shared rest.

Sitting up on the bed she had peeked out the window to see the RV, car, and motorbike slowly pull into the farm. Confused about why Shane didn't wake her up, Natalie stretched getting out of bed and changing into the clothes she was given, plus Rick's jacket.

When Natalie had walked down the steps, Lori and Rick left Carl's room with a small smile on their lips. "He's awake if you want to talk to him..." Rick smiled softly towards her.

The scene of Carl looking at her before his episode. She had shaken her head coming up with some excuse. "I'll let him get his sleep." Her words came out softly. "The others?"

"Yea," Lori nodded with the three of them making their way out of the house. Followed by Hershel who looked at everyone around. Dale, Andrea, Daryl, and Carol walk towards the rest of the group.

Shane eyed Natalie who sent him a nod almost a sign for 'good morning'. "How is he?" Dale's words broke her out of the gaze turning and crossing her arms with a small smile on her face liking the sounds of Rick's answers.

"He'll pull through." Lori had nodded repeatingly hands on her hips proud. "Thanks to Hershel and his people."

"And Shane." Natalie cut in knowing the man was kind of having doubts about the whole thing that happened with Otis. Lori looked away from her daughter not knowing how to feel.

But Rick quickly agreed with his daughter. "We'd have lost Carl if not for him." He continued to compliment the man wearing overalls and a flannel.

Dale walked over giving Rick a well-deserved hug. "Thank god" Carol turned to Lori and wrapped her arms around the woman tightly. Andrea had gone and hugged T-Dog who was now bandaged up.

"How'd it happen?" Daryl questioned the man as well.

Ethan walked out of the house seeing everyone as it seemed like he also had slept in. "Hunting accident," Rick answered kindly to the Greene Family not putting anyone at fault. "That's all-- Just a stupid accident."

"We have enough rocks now," Shane gained everyone's attention.

Since last night Natalie had helped Shane decide that the best way to get rid of his guilt was to give him a proper burial. "Thank you," Patricia commented ducking her head down in respect for Shane and going over.

The rest of the group moved somberly in the wake of a night that brought more peace than they had known in a while. Natalie walked beside Maggie, the dawn casting a gentle light on their faces. Maggie, perceptive but unsuspecting, inquired about the quality of Natalie's sleep.