2.03 ; unspoken

Andrea had assisted in manoeuvring one of the cars out of the way, the grinding clash of metal against metal filling the tense air. Shane expertly guided the vehicle into position as Rick skillfully parked, both men knowing they were here to stay for a while. 

The recent events had left an indelible mark on the group, and the search for Sophia still lingered, casting a shadow over their makeshift camp.

Carol stood on the outskirts, her gaze fixed on the dense forest, a silent plea for her daughter's return etched on her face. Meanwhile, Natalie approached the car Shane was parking, her hands firmly planted on her hips. Shane's directive interrupted her thoughts.

"Go help with scavenging, don't worry about Rick right now," he instructed, the weight of his words sinking in.

"I'm going to help look for her, Shane. She's a little girl lost," Natalie asserted, her determination evident. "If I were Carol, I wouldn't stop looking for her."

"Well, you're not. You have Carl and Lori," Shane replied as he exited the car, leaving Natalie standing there, her brows furrowed in confusion at the unexpected change in Shane's demeanour.

The pair strolled around the RV, joining the ongoing conversation between Dale and Carol. Shane, finally relenting, admitted, "Going back's going to be easier than trying to get through this mess."

"We're not going anywhere until my daughter gets back," Carol affirmed, aligning herself with unwavering resolve.

Lori, preparing to walk past the group, placed a reassuring hand on Carol's shoulder. "Hey, that goes without saying."

"Rick and Daryl, they're on it, okay?" Shane reassured, his eyes meeting Lori's. Natalie and Lori shared a small, unspoken look, confirming their understanding.

Andrea, now changed and composed, handed Glenn a water bottle. "Not for me, I'm still freaked out from that herd that passed us by," she mentioned, sipping cautiously. "Or whatever you'd call it."

Glenn pressed for answers, "Yeah, what was that? All of them just marching along like that?"

Shane nodded in agreement with Andrea's eerie encounter. "A herd. We've seen it. It's like the night camp got attacked. Some wandering pack, only fewer. Come on, people. We still have a lot to do. Stay on it, let's go."

As the group dispersed, Natalie found herself inside another car, Carl nearby attempting to access a truck. Her hands moved methodically around the car's interior, searching for valuable items. 

The shattered window demanded caution, but amidst the glass and debris, Natalie discovered a rosary. She looped it around her neck, the cross joining Shane's '22 necklace, a juxtaposition of faith in the face of their bleak reality.

"C'mon, Natalie!" Carl's excited yell snapped her out of her thoughts, and she rushed out of the car, getting ready to grab her gun. The little boy had run past her with a black bag inside of his hands. "Look what I found! I wanna show you, Shane, and Mom together. Come on!"

Following him, Natalie grabbed another bag of food from a nearby car. "Shane!" Carl called out, his enthusiasm evident. "Mom, I found something cool!"

Lori, throwing a glance around to ensure everything was alright, watched as Natalie approached, leaning on the car. "Shane, check it out."

Carl unveiled a cache of weapons from the bag. "It's an Arsenal."

"They left behind their lives," Natalie mused, the weight of the abandoned weapons settling upon her.