Chapter 67

Janet

I watched Denzel as he strapped the girls into their carseats. We ended up not having to stay the full two weeks, because they had progressed so rapidly and I was healing up faster than expected. I was excited about going home. The guys seemed really excited about the new room for the girls and I had to be honest, after hearing everything they had planned and set up, I was excited too. "There we go. My three favorite girls are all strapped in and safe." He gave them little kisses before coming over to me. "And how's my favorite lady?"

"I'm good. So happy to be going home." I looked over at the babies as they slept. "I still can't believe this."

"I know. When they brought me back here to see you, I expected one baby or bad news." I laughed. "But I must say, I am happy with how this turned out."

"Me too. I prefer it this way."

"Mama! Dada!" Eissa ran in.

"My little prince." Denzel picked him and he immediately reached for me. "Did you miss, Mommy?" He nodded and hugged me. "Mommy missed you too."

"Babies." He pointed to the carseats.

"Yes, we are taking them home." He stood on the bed and bounced.

"Yay."

"Eissa." Rebbie came in out of breath. He looked at her. "Don't run from auntie." He laughed as she picked him up. "How you feeling, Dunk?"

"I'm good. Just ready to be at home."

"Welp, let's get going then." Denzel helped me off the bed and into the wheelchair. Once I was situated in, he set one of the carseats on my lap. He grabbed the other two and Rebbie pushed me into the hall.

"Okay, Eissa. No running." Rebbie looked at him. "You understand?" He nodded. We made it halfway down the hall and he started running. "Eissa!" Rebbie tried to stop him. "Eissa, stop running!" He kept going and was laughing.

"Hey!" Denzel shouted and Eissa stopped. Turning around, Denzel walked to him and looked down at him. "Walk correctly." Eissa walked alongside us all the way to the elevator. We got on and rode down to the lobby. When we got there, Denzel went outside with Eissa to meet Joey. He took the babies from him and got them into the car. Joey came in to get the last carseat from me and situated in the car before coming back out to get me.

"I don't care. You need to listen." I heard Denzel talking to Eissa and noticed he was crying. "You don't put your hand there and you don't run off. I mean it." Eissa cried more and looked at me. I stayed silent. "Look at me." Eissa looked at Denzel. "I don't like yelling at you, but that's dangerous. You need to listen to me, mommy and auntie when we tell you something. Do you understand?" Eissa nodded. "Now apologize." He pointed to us. Eissa walked over.

"Sowwy, TeeTee. Sowwy, Mama." I leaned down and wiped his face.

"It's okay, sweetie. You just need to listen, okay?"

"Okay." Denzel picked him up and he laid on his shoulder.

"Good job." He took Eissa to the car and got him strapped in before helping me into the front seat.

"I'll see you at the house. We're stopping to get Denzel's mom."

"Alright." Denzel closed my door and got in the back seat. Joey made sure I was good then pulled away from the hospital.

"So, Janet. I thought you were only coming out with one." We laughed.

"I know, I'm just as surprised as everyone else."

"How did y'all miss this?"

"Well, Lori said there was never any indication in the ultrasounds. It just simply looked like one big baby and their heartbeats synced to sound like one so it was really a surprise." I looked back and saw that the girls were still sleeping.