Chapter 57

Denzel
I groaned as light hit my face. I heard machines beeping around me. I opened my eyes and immediately closed them. "Owww." I tried to clear my vision and focus my eyes as I looked around. I felt something on my leg.

"Dada." My vision cleared and I saw Eissa sitting by my legs. "Dada!" He got excited when he saw me look at him.

"Eissa, how'd you get on th...Denzy, you're awake." Janet came over and kissed me. "How do you feel?"

"Sore. What happened?"

"The transplant, silly. Joseph's doing great by the way. They took a piece of your liver and grafted onto his. The healthy liver cells are regenerating rapidly. They predict a speedy recovery."

"And me?"

"You'll have a speedy recovery too. You'll have to take it easy for a few weeks." She rubbed my face.

"Of course. How are you?"

"I'm really good and....." she pulled something from her purse. "...so are they." She handed me ultrasound pictures. "You see right there?" She pointed to a small part of the picture.

"Yeah."

"That's our baby."

"Oh my god." I stared at it. "That's our baby."

"MmmHmmm."

"We're going to have a baby."

"Yep. You're going to be a daddy." I held her hand.

"I'm already one." I looked at Eissa as he held onto the bed rail to stand up. When he did, he looked at me with a happy face. "Hey, lil man." Janet picked him up and brought him closer. He grabbed my face and left a sloppy kiss on my cheek. "I missed you too." I chuckled. She sat him down on the couch and came to sit next to me.

"I was so nervous when you went into surgery."

"Why?"

"I thought the universe was going to play with me again."

"How?"

"Because I found out I was pregnant right before. Usually when something goes well for me, something bad happens."

"Not this time." I held her hand. "I'm here. Always will be." She smiled at me before standing up and kissing me.

"I can't wait to marry you." She kissed me again. "And it looks like you can't either." I looked down.

"Oh shit." We laughed. "I need to get better because I'm gonna need this on me again." I wrapped my arm around and grabbed her butt.

"You'll get some, baby. Don't worry."

"You promise?"

"Mmhmm. You'll get a real nice treat when you get home."

"I'd it a sweet treat?"

"The sweetest one you'll ever have." She kissed me again.

"Oh lord, you two never stop." We pulled apart and saw the crew come in.

"Hey, Gil." He hugged Janet.

"How you doing, D?" asked Whiley.

"I'm doing good, just sore."

"Good. We have gifts for you." They say the things on the bed as Janet adjusted the bed for me to be sitting up.

"Hey, where's Alex?" They looked at each other.

"She left yesterday morning for Chicago. She wanted to make sure you got her gift though." said Tommy.

"I thought she wasn't leaving for another month?" asked Janet.

"She was, but her stepfather had been after her since she told her mom the truth. He showed up at Denzel's apartment a couple days ago and attacked her. We got her an earlier flight out." said Joey.

"Wow. I'll have to make sure to call her." said Janet.

"I talked to her though." said Gil. "She landed safely and she's with her aunt."

"Good. At least that's going well." Everyone nodded in agreement. "Well, I have some good news." said Janet.

"What is it?" asked Gil.

"Denzel and I are having a baby."

"Oh my god!" Gil jumped and hugged her.

"Wait, you're pregnant?" asked Guero.

"Yes."

"Like foreal."

"Yes."

"Oh lord." Joey threw his arms up.

"What?" asked Janet.

"I don't want to deal with pregnant Janet again."

"What are you talking about? I was a joy." Gil, Joey and Tommy looked at her. "What?"

"Girl, you were annoying?" said Gil.

"Whatever. I was a joy. No one can tell me different."

"Sure." She looked at me.

"Do you think I'm a joy, baby?"

"Of course." She cheesed.

"See." She looked at Gil.

"Call me in a couple months, D and tell me how you feel."

"Whatever."

"Anyway, did y'all see Allison's trial?" asked Gil as they all sat down.

"Naw, what happened?" asked Guero.

"She gone say some dumb shit about how she suffered emotional distress and actually tried to say she deserves compensation for the decline of her mental health while working for her." Everyone laughed.

"That's crazy."

"I know, but they're gonna send her to some psychiatric hospital instead of prison for her entire sentence."

"How long did she get?"

"She will be there until Eissa has grandchildren." They laughed.

"Dang."

"Welp, she wanted to be recognized." said Janet.
"Everyone knows who she is now." I shook my head.

"Dada." Eissa had climbed off the couch and found his way to the side of the bed.

"What's up, lil man?" He reached up. Janet picked him up and placed him on the bed. "What's up?" Eissa started babbling. "No way."

"What y'all talking about?" asked Tommy.

"You gotta hear this, man." Tommy came over and Eissa kept babbling.

"You lying." Eissa shook his head and laughed.

"I ain't know she was doing all that." said Gil.

"Me either. She is kind of messy." said Joey.

"Well, I wouldn't be surprised at someone who would steal your legos, E." He started babbling again and waved his hands.

"No!" Everyone gasped. Janet started laughing.

"Booty, he dropping some serious tea." She laughed more. I was happy seeing her this way.

Gil took Eissa over to the others and he kept playing with them. I held Janet's hand and she couldn't stop smiling. Her life was the way it was supposed to be and I was going to make sure it stays this way.

————————————————————————————

We love the happiness

Thoughts??

Follow me!!