Chapter 61

Janet
"Okay, are you guys ready?" Denzel held my hand as the doctor turned on the ultrasound machine.

"Yes." She put the wand on my belly and we heard the baby's heartbeat. Soon we saw the baby and it was moving around.

"Looking like we got an excited one." We laughed. "And it looks like....it's a girl."

"See, I told you." Denzel smiled.

"I can't believe it. A girl."

"She looks very healthy and is developing very well."

"That's great."

"Based on this, we can put your due date in the beginning of December."

"That's so amazing." Denzel couldn't take his eyes off the monitor. "I just...uhh." Tears came to his eyes.

"Baby, why you crying?" I rubbed his face.

"This is just such an amazing experience. Seeing it from the very beginning and knowing what it will grow to be is just...it's....uhh."

"Awww." I sat up and pulled him into a hug.

"You're amazing." He pulled away and held my face. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"I need to do something for you."

"You don't have to..."

"I'll be right back." He ran out of the room with his phone.

"Girl, I've never seen a partner react this way."  said Lori. We both laughed.

"Me either, but he's really sweet like that."

"Okay, so we love good news, but here's some not so good news."

"What?" I got nervous.

"Well, two things; one, your blood pressure is high, so that puts you in a high risk factor. So you need to keep your stress levels down as much as possible."

"Okay, what's the other thing?"

"My office in Atlanta isn't doing so hot and I have to go there to straighten things out. So I won't be here to do your check ups." My heart sank.

"Lori, you have to be my doctor. I don't trust anyone else."

"I know." There was silence.

"What if we came there?"

"You would come to Atlanta to follow your doctor?"

"I don't trust anyone else with this. Plus me getting another doctor increases the risk of my personal business getting out. I can't have that."

"Janet, I want you to be safe."

"And I won't be if you're not here, so I'll go to Atlanta. I have a house there and Denzel's family is there so that's a plus." She sighed.

"Okay, but I'm leaving in two weeks."

"That's fine. We can get there in time."

"Alrighty. Let me know when you'll be flying out and I'll schedule you an appointment so I can make sure everything's okay. Flying can be a lot when you're pregnant."

"Thank you."

Denzel
"Boy! I know you lying!"

"No, ma. I'm serious."

"You've been keeping this a secret this whole time. Oh my god! A daughter in law and grand babies.I'm so excited."

"I know. Sorry for keeping the secret for so long, but Janet's very worried about the public being rude about these things."