Chapter 16

Janet
"Amen." Everybody clapped and we made our way to the sides of the stage for our cues. I watched from my spot as Alex still tried to move in on Denzel. She was really trying me and my feelings for him were growing more and more as I got over Wissam. Something was brewing in me and I didn't know what to do. All of these frustrations were just building up in me.

"You ready, Jan." I heard Gil ask.

"Yeah." He stood in front of me.

"Don't worry. He only loves you."

"I know. I just ohhh.."

"I know, but it's about the fans right now. Remember that."

"I know. I know." I took a few deep breaths and went to my spot. I heard the intro start and the curtain moved. Once I heard the cheering of the fans, all my worries were pushed to the back of my mind. I wanted to give my fans the absolute best of me and that's what I'm going to do. I moved across the stage with lots of energy and excitement. The energy from the fans was really pushing me. Nothing bothered me.

So I lied. I am very bothered now. We were in the middle of the show and Alex has been pushing up on Denzel the whole time. Everytime there's a freestyle moment, she shows out towards him. She's doing the most and it's pissing me off.

It was time for me to go backstage to change before the next song while some of the dancers on stage kept going. I heard the music stop and a video played. It didn't take me long to change into my outfit. I tied my shirt around my waist and headed back to the stage. Before going over completely, I overheard Alex and Denzel talking. "Alex, I have told you about this. Stop."

"Come on, Denzy. I know you want me."

"I don't and for the hundredth time, stop calling me 'Denzy.' Only my girlfriend calls me that." I smiled. She smacked her lips.

"Whatever." He shook his head and they walked on to the stage as the music started. He went first and she grabbed his butt. He made a face but had to keep going. Oh this bitch is asking for it.

"Jan, you're on." Gil shouted at me. I went onto the stage and started the next song. While performing, I kept an eye on Alex as she continued to try to get Denzel and as luck would have it 'That's The Way Love Goes' started. We went through the song as Denzel and I's little part came up.

He started off how we rehearsed, but I grabbed his hand and spun into him. He wrapped his arms around me and rocked us back and forth. We walked together to the side as everyone else did their parts. Alex looked upset but tried to keep it in but wasn't doing a great job at it. I laughed out, forgetting that I had a mic on.

The rest of the show went smooth and when we got to the end I got an idea when introducing the dancers. "Come on, Domo. Get it girl!" She did a little dance. "Addison, let me see some moves." I'm telling you, for a bigger girl, she moved so smooth. "Alex!" She came and did the most of course. "Denzy! Come show them how it's done." I saw Alex's eyes get big as Denzel did his moves.

All of the dancers moved off the stage and I said my goodbyes to the crowd before running off. I went backstage and congratulated everyone. They were all laughing and talking, except Alex. She was trying to seem excited, but I knew she was upset. Did I care? Nope. "Okay, guys!" They looked at me. "You all did amazing. I'm so proud of all of you." They all said thank you. "Now everyone go back to your rooms and get changed, so we can celebrate." They cheered and collected their bags. I changed for the meet and greet then collected my things for after.

Denzel
I was on cloud nine as we entered the club. What Janet did tonight, had me all giddy. She looked good and acted with such dominance and I loved it. The way Alex looked when Janet called me 'Denzy' made me want to laugh. She was so pissed. Even now as we sat in the section waiting for Janet, she looked upset. Every so often, she looks at me and rolls her eyes. It took everything in me not to laugh. "Hey guys."

Janet walked in with Gil and Joey. She was wearing a pair of pants and a simple shirt, but she made it look so sexy. She sat down on one of the couches and ordered something. Her and Gil started laughing and talking about something. I was really loving this new energy for her. She was smiling more and enjoying life. It's really exciting.

Soon the waiter came with a tray of shots and drinks. Janet took a shot before grabbing her drink, which she also took to the head. She doesn't waste any time. I noticed immediately that the drinks had a nice effect on her. She stood up with Gil and they started dancing a little. I watched as she moved her hips around. Between that and what she wore during the show, I was more than turned on.

Alex continued to watch me and sometimes Janet. I knew she was trying to confirm her suspicions, but that didn't matter and frankly I didn't care if Alex knew that I was with Janet and I'm sure Janet didn't either. She may not be ready to come out fully as a couple but that doesn't mean others opinions matter to her. I knew her too well.

Janet continued to dance around without a care before walking towards the door. She looked at me and motioned for me to follow her. Alex was beyond drunk by now so I was a lot calmer. I followed where Janet went and into a very secluded corner. She looked at me with low eyes and a big smile. I held her waist. "You drunk, baby?"

"No, I'm far from it. I'm just a little tipsy. My tolerance is very high."

"Good." She giggled and wrapped her arms around me.

"I am feeling very good though. Very light and calm."

"That's good. Any reason why?"

"You, of course. You make me feel so good, especially lately."

"I'm honored." She pecked my lips before full on kissing me. She pulled me down closer to her and began to feel me up. She kissed on my neck and moaned into it. Oh she really feels some type of way. I grabbed her butt and squeezed resulting in a sexy ass moan coming from her. Our lips connected again and her tongue explored my mouth. She lifted one of her legs onto my side and I picked her up. Wrapping her legs around my waist, I pushed her into the wall and kissed on her neck.

"Mmmm. That feels good, baby. Mmm." It got really heated and she pushed me off. I let her down and she caught her breath as she looked at me. She smiled again and wrapped her arms around her neck. "You're coming with me tonight, right?"

"Hell yeah."

"Good." She pulled something from her pocket. "Here's the extra key to my room. I'll see you later."

"Definitely." She kissed me one last time before walking  away. If I wasn't mistaken, she gave off that she wanted some good stuff tonight and I was definitely going to give it to her.

I used the restroom and splashed some cold water on my face before leaving out. Going back to our area, I saw Janet and Joey had left. I went up to Gil. "Hey."

"What's up, Denzel?"

"Did Janet leave?" He smirked.

"Oh yeah, something about getting refreshed and comfortable. Why?" He grinned.

"No reason. I'm gonna leave too. I'm kind of tired."

"That's cool and remember we leave around noon on the buses."

"I got you."

"And she still needs to be able to dance." I held my laughter.

"Shut up."

"Have a good night." He teased as I walked out. I got in my Uber and headed to the hotel excited for the rest of my night.

————————————————————————————