Chapter 30

Janet
"So I think we have all of the paperwork here to submit to the court." My lawyer said to us. I looked at Denzel and smiled.

"I'm so excited, babe." He said.

"Calm down." I laughed.

"I can't. How long will it take to hear back?"

"There's no real way of knowing, but the average time is a few months."

"Okay." He rubbed his hands together and I held them.

"Baby, calm down."

"It's just such a big deal."

"I know."

"Awww, I just thought about if it doesn't work. What will happen then? How will..."

"Shhh, positive thoughts. It will go through."

"She's right." The lawyer spoke up. "The best thing to do is stay positive. Stay calm and live your life and hopefully in less than six months, you will be Eissa's legal father." I did flips on the inside.

"Hopefully." I rubbed his arm.

"And no matter what the law says, you are his father. Okay, baby?" He nodded.

"Good. I'll let you guys know when I hear back."My lawyer put the papers away and stood up.

"Thanks." I showed him out and went back to Denzel.
"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just excited."

"I know. I am too. I know how much this means to you."

"What about you?" I sat next to him.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, after everything that happened with your father, you've always talked about having a good father for your children."

"That's true and now I have you; an excellent father." He sighed.

"But what about Wissam? What if we do end up having a child? Won't he have questions?"

"Of course he will and we will tell that things didn't work out between me and Wissam and that you are his father. If he's older and ready for the full truth, then we will tell him."

"Wow, you've really thought about this."

"I assure you any mother who's had a baby with their abuser has thought about this."

"Good. As long as that crazy asshole doesn't interrupt what we have going on, I'm good."

"Good." He pulled me into his lap and held me right before kissing me. "Mmmmm."

"Damn. You be making me weak with those lips." I laughed.

"That's so you are too tired to cheat on me." He laughed.

"Woman, I can be the strongest, fastest, most energetic person in the world and that wouldn't happen."

"Awww, you like me or something?"

"I don't know, maybe." He blushed.

"Oh my god. Stop it." I covered my face.

"Cut it out." He pulled my hands down and I laughed.

"Okay." We sat in silence a little as he played with the hole in my jeans.

"So if this goes through, how will things work with Eissa?"

"We will come up with a plan for him staying with you and me. We already kind of have that going so it wouldn't be hard. Also, you will officially be the person Eissa goes to if something happens to me. I already had that written down just to be safe." He looked shocked.