Chapter 35

Denzel
I made it back to Mama Kat's house with Eissa after a very fun day. We went to the park, the museum, got lunch, went to the beach and got a little ice cream. I fed it to him with a straw and when he first tasted it, his eyes got huge with excitement. Luckily, I took a video for memories. 

Waking into the house, it was quiet, so I guess Mama Kat and Rebbie aren't back yet. I went up to Janet's room and got Eissa undressed and cleaned up. I put him on a onesie and let him sit on the bed. While he played with his toys, I changed into some comfortable clothes.

When I got on the bed, Eissa immediately climbed onto me. He pulled himself up and looked at me. He stared at me for a while before smiling. I smiled back. "Dada dada." I immediately got excited.

"What? Oh my god." I held him close to me as I hugged him. "I love you so much." He laid on my shoulder. After a while, he pushed his way off of me and went back to playing with his toys.

I couldn't believe he had just said that. I couldn't wait until Janet got back so I could tell. Maybe I'll just call her. I went to grab my phone on the nightstand and saw an envelope. I quickly remembered that Janet told me about this earlier. Grabbing it, I saw that it was addressed to her. Why would she tell me about mail that's for her?

I shrugged the thought off and opened it. I saw that there were many different papers and cards in here. Most of them mentioned Eissa. One was his social security card, his birth certificate, and medical information. Putting those to the side, I saw a letter.

To Janet Jackson,

Your request has been granted and the accounts under the name above have added the approved user, Denzel Chisholm. They will now be able to access any information, finances, and make requests related to the accounts. Included in this letter, we have attached cards connected to each account to be activated and used.

I was confused as I read the rest. Every account listed was every account she had. As I looked through the rest of the mail, it all said the same things and talked about how I've been added to accounts and my name was added to things. I was confused as to why she did all of this. The last paper got my attention as I read it.
I immediately grabbed my phone and called Janet. It went to voicemail. I tried again and the same thing happened. Getting nervous, I called Gil. "Hello."

"Hey."

"Hey, D. What's up?"

"Are y'all still in your meeting?"

"No, the meeting ended a few hours ago."

"Then where's Janet?"

"I don't know. I haven't seen her since last week." I froze.

"What? She said she was going to the creative meeting today."

"No, she doesn't go to that one."

"Then where is she?"

"She told me that she'd be with Joey."

"Okay." Hanging up. I called Joey. I paced around the room until he answered.

"Hello."

"Hey, do you know where Janet is?"

"No, I thought she was with you." My heart dropped.

"No, she told me she'd be with Gil and told Gil she'd be with you."

"Well, she's not."

"Oh my god. Do you have her location?" He was silent.

"No, she stopped sharing it with me."

"Oh my god. Where is she?!"

~

"Okay, so no one has her location or anything?" Rebbie asked.

"No." We were all sitting in Mama Kat's living room trying to figure out where Janet could've gone. Gil, Joey and Tommy were here too.

"How could I not notice she turned her location off?" Joey held his head.

"I thought you always have it?" asked Mama Kat.

"I do."

"Why didn't you check it?"

"Because she said she was with Denzel and I know that when she's with him, she's safe. I had no real reason to." There was a knock at the door. I went and answered it.

"D, did they find her?" Alex came in with the rest of the team.

"No." They all were obviously worried.

"Awww, man." Whiley said.

"Where could our girl be?" said Guero. They all came in.

"Hey, guys." They greeted Mama Kat and Janet's sisters with hugs.

"Alex?" Gil looked. "I thought you were in Arizona."

"I was. We're up here on a trip together. Whiley came and got me from San Francisco to see everyone. We were driving back when we heard the news."

"How's it going for you?"

"It's going okay. My medications are regulated and working so I'm making a lot of progress."

"Good."

"But what about Janet? What happened?"

"We don't know. Everything was fine this morning." said Rebbie. "She left like normal and said she was going to a meeting. Have any of you heard from her?" They shook their heads.

"Wait, she sent an email to all of us earlier." said Guero.

"About what?" 

"Basically saying that we are a great team and she's looking forward to seeing what the future holds for us. She hopes we all have great futures, you know the stuff she always says."

"Let me see." We all got our phones out and read it.

"Oh my god!" Gil jumped up and started freaking out. "We have to find her."

"What? What's wrong?" asked LaToya.

"Denzel." I continued reading and froze. Looking at Gil, we both knew.

"Oh my god." My heart started beating fast.

"Where was it last time?"

"I can't remember. Hold on." I thought for a second.

"It was a hotel or something, right?"

"Yeah." I looked down.

"What?"

"That hotel wasn't here, though. We were in Canada." He deflated.

"So there's no way of knowing."

"Knowing what? What is it?" asked Rebbie.

"Janet's....she's." He covered his face. "I don't even want to say it." He sat down. LaToya immediately caught on.

"No. Hell no! You better not be saying what I think you're saying." Gil nodded. LaToya picked up something and threw it. "Ahhhh!" She started crying and ran out of the house.

"What is it?" asked Rebbie.

"A couple years ago, Janet tried to commit suicide after a show in Canada. We hung out and she told us that she hoped God smiled on all of us. Then I found her in her hotel room after she overdosed on some medicine. She wrote that in this email."

"You're lying. I hope you're lying." said Mama Kat.

"I'm not Mrs. Jackson. I wish I was." Her eyes filled with tears.

"No. I can't lose my baby."

"I know, Mama Kat. We won't." Gil hugged her. "We have to think of where she could be. We have to find her."

————————————————————————————

Uhhh ohhh

Thoughts?? Questions?? Comments???

Follow me!!