Chapter 174 - Stranger (4)

Start from the beginning

“I know his value better than anyone. However, there are many parts not revealed to the public, and actor Kang Woojin is still just a popular Korean actor in Japan.”

“Are you saying it’s strange to move for an actor from another country?”

“Yes. Of course, I can understand if it’s part of the group’s cultural marketing, but you mentioned it’s personal.”

“Hmm. That might be so. Probably such a case wouldn’t exist in the past or the future.”

Chairman Hideki muttered as he picked up the teacup in front of him.

“Today, after seeing Kang Woojin in person, I was convinced. His acting, charm, and the momentum he possesses. I find it hard to restrain myself when I see someone who will become a great figure.”

The smile faded from Chairman Hideki’s face as he put down the teacup.

“In the near future, his name will spread across the world. He possesses something valuable.”

Choi Sung-gun was thrilled.

‘Is this reality?’

The head of a mega-corporation in Japan is praising Kang Woojin. The feeling was amplified because it was so unexpected. And there.

‘The world… Indeed, does he have a clear vision for the future?’

Chairman Hideki’s prediction about Kang Woojin’s future was almost accurate. Currently, Woojin’s focus is set on the Academy Awards, and he has embarked on preparing for the Cannes Film Festival as a stepping stone towards that goal.

At that moment.

-Swish.

Leaning back deeply into the sofa, Chairman Hideki added more to his words.

“Of course, my actions aren’t solely for that reason. It’s difficult to explain in detail. Just see it as an old man’s precaution to protect something dear, related to my past. For that precious thing, even 100 billion won wouldn’t be too much.”

“……”

“And there is a favor that Kang Woojin did for me, although he might not know it. That’s how it started.”

“!!!”

At this, a lightbulb went off in Choi Sung-gun’s head. I see, so that was it. Soon, his brain began to spread what had just suddenly occurred to him.

‘The past and a favor. I’m not sure what he means by something precious…but Woojin and Chairman Hideki have had some sort of connection for a long time.’

It was a clear misconception.

‘If that’s the case, everything fits perfectly. Woojin’s confidence and composure during the crisis of ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger,’ the absurd appearance of Chairman Hideki, even the investment. I thought it had something to do with Director Kyotaro or Writer Akari…to think Woojin was connected.’

Choi Sung-gun enthusiastically scribbles in his notebook of misunderstandings. Incidentally, there was another similar figure, Director Kyotaro. Choi Sung-gun, unaware of this, thought,

‘Woojin’s Japanese, Japanese sign language skills. It has to be related to that. This man proposing an investment is also because of that. Without any connection, this scenario couldn’t happen. Did he say there was a favor? What on earth happened between Woojin and him in the past…’

He stared silently at Chairman Hideki’s face.

‘I don’t know, I can’t figure it out. It’s too big a scale, honestly, I’m dying of curiosity, but it’s tricky to get involved. Anyway, it’s clear that this man intends to pour money not into bw Entertainment but into Woojin.’