43

TW: mentions of death

(Y/N). Falling.

A terrifyingly beautiful sight.

Her puffy, coral pink dress flowed in front of her as she fell backwards, plunging toward the ground at an unsettlingly fast pace. Her descent was strangely silent, she didn't scream nor wail, she was just very, very quiet.

"(Y/N)!" Tamaki called, instinctively lurching forwards in attempt to catch the falling girl. The blonde's body was moving faster than his mind, blinded by pure fear and the horrific reality that, if he didn't move fast enough, he could loose (Y/N). Her body plummeted toward the ground; the longer she fell, the less likely it seemed Tamaki could get to her on time. It was a matter of moments between (Y/N)'s life or her death. Impacting the ground as hard as she would would undoubtedly result in death. 

Tamaki wanted to get there. He needed to get there.

Standing from their seats, the other Host Club members also sprung into action, desperately trying to save the girl they once used to be so close with. Despite her closing herself off to the group, they still cared. Despite her no longer talking to the group, they still cared. Despite the fact she changed, they still cared.

She was (Y/N). 

How could they not care?

Miraculously, Tamaki managed to run to the spot (Y/N) was falling to moments before she hit the ground. As the girl neared her demise, the blonde held his hands out, praying she'd land in his loving arms. He sharply inhaled, vowing not to breathe until she was on the ground, that be it dead or alive. Too nervous to look, Tamaki shut his eyes.

Plunged into darkness, Tamaki did all he could to prevent his friend from slipping away. His mother in France... he'd already lost her. He couldn't loose (Y/N), too. "You need to live!" he yelled, caught up a web of his own spiralling thoughts.

From the stage of the theatre, a large thud was heard, instantly giving chills to those who heard it. Tamaki, who'd not sensed any impact on his arms, felt his stomach flip. He must've caught her... right? He had to. She couldn't leave him.

Tamaki seemed to loose his senses. No sound was heard, no feeling was felt in his body and nothing was seen. All the poor boy could do was question if he'd caught her or not. 

Slowly but surely, muffled, but definitely there, was the sound of cheering. Steadily, Tamaki lifted his heavy eyelids open and shakily released the breath he'd been holding.

In his arms lay the beautiful (Y/N).

She was okay.

"She's okay," he frailly whispered, faintly smiling at his achievement. However, he had no time to celebrate, from what he could tell, she was unconscious.

From somewhere near Tamaki, the quick typing of buttons was heard, followed by the ringing of a phone. Then, Kyoya's voice urgently spoke. "We need medics at Lobelia Girl's Academy. We need them now!"

Hands had begun to be thrown across Tamaki as the boy stood stationary, not breaking his eyes away from the girl. "You did amazingly," cheerfully said Hikaru, who Tamaki presumed was one of the few hugging him.

"Hang in there (Y/N)," Kaoru worriedly said, stroking the girl's hair as she lay unmoving in Tamaki's arms.

"She'll be okay," Mori reassured the best he could, however ending up sounding as stone-faced and neutral as possible. The black-haired boy, looked down on the girl, hoping she'd be alright.