38

Play the video and enjoy! Preferably read the lyrics alongside the voice ^_^

Lightly, Tamaki's fingers pressed on the delicate piano keys. Obeying, the grand piano in his house sung a saddening yet beautiful tune - 'Let You Break My Heart Again' by Laufey.

As the tune progressed, and the lyrics were soon to come, Tamaki sorrowfully recalled the beautiful girl the song he was covering was aimed at. (Y/N).

With a shaky breath, Tamaki sung out the first verse.

Feeling kind of sick tonight
all I've had is coffee and leftover pie
it's no wonder why.
Still, you take up all my mind.
I don't even think that you care like I do,
I should stop
heaven knows I've tried.

The boy smiled as he sung, playing perfectly on the ivory keys of the piano. He had one person in mind and one person only: (Y/N). His mind flourished with happy memories that left a bittersweet taste on his tongue. He was thrilled to have shared those moments with her, yet devastated he could never share any more with her.

One day, I will stop falling in love with you.
Some day, someone will like me
like I like you.
Until then, I'll drink my coffee,
eat my pie, pretend that we are
more
than
friends,
then, of course, I'll let you
break my heart
again.

Despite what Tamaki had been told - that (Y/N) didn't like Ryuk - he couldn't believe it for a moment. The blonde constantly compared himself to the brunette, realising he had nothing like Ryuk did. He wasn't serious nor was he money driven - he cared for his friends, family and guests at his club the most, he was nothing like Ryuk, so certainly not cut out to be (Y/N)'s.

The troubled boy went to sing the second verse but was cut off by on of his maids. "Tamaki, as beautiful as your music is, you need to get ready for school," she sweetly reminded.

"Of course," he said, removing his fingers from the keys. He looked up, his blonde locks covering his butterfly-inducing eyes, and gave his maid his signature charming smile. "I shall be ready soon," he politely informed as the maid scurried away.

Sometimes, he was thankful he had such long and fluffy hair, as it hid his eyes. Of course, it was no good for business, but it was good to conceal tears. As he wiped his damp eyes, he swiped away any sad memory of (Y/N), deciding to put on his positive and optimistic demeanour.

The boy checked his watch. 6:45AM read the time - Tamaki knew it was (Y/N)'s favourite time, when everything was so peaceful as the sun slowly rose. He smiled, letting his mind wonder about what his dearest (Y/N) could be up to.

--

(Y/N) checked her clock. 6:45AM read the time - it was her favourite time, the time when everything was so peaceful as the sun slowly rose. She remembered telling Tamaki her favourite time was dawn... She smiled, letting her mind wonder about what her dearest Tamaki could be up to.

Steadily, a hauntingly beautiful melody filled the music room of (Y/N)'s house. The piece was called, 'Isabella's lullaby' and featured in an anime (Y/N) enjoyed. The soft tune fled the violin and waltzed around the room drearily. Interestingly, since the girl's ban on seeing her friends, more of her violin pieces featured sad elements; furthermore, Yuri, who'd been (Y/N)'s main friend at school since the ban, had introduced the girl to gothic literature, as well as more novels and poems featuring dark topics. She felt darkness reflected how she was feeling - without the Host Club and Tamaki... the girl was lost.