24

The girl swiftly raised her hand to cover her cheek. Her face flushed bright red from embarrassment as her friends stared at her with concern. "R- Ryuk..." she stammered, doing her best to form a sentence.

"Ryuk did this to you?" Hikaru asked, his tone growing angry.

(Y/N) wanted nothing more to blurt out the truth, to expose Ryuk for being the horrible person he was. However, she'd be spending the rest of her life with him, and he wasn't somebody who forgave easily.

"N- No..." she quickly yet quietly spoke. "He pointed out there was a fly on my cheek. I panicked and slapped my cheek to try and get rid of it." (Y/N) tried her best to convince her friends.

As much as Hikaru, Kaoru and Haruhi wanted to believe (Y/N)'s story, none of them could shake the looming dread which told them Ryuk had made the handprint mark. "You can talk to us, (Y-"

"I know." (Y/N)'s reply seemed out of character, it wasn't usual for her to snap at her friends like that. Without a word more, (Y/N) turned back around, she didn't want to continue the conversation- no, interrogation her friends were instigating on her.

"Harsh," Hikaru murmured under his breath, only to be shut up by a kick from his brother.

--

The school day had finished for most, but not for the Host Club or their loyal customers. As girls fanned into the spacious room, (Y/N)'s beautiful violin greeted them with a warm welcome. The Hosts, who were perched at their own sofas, eagerly awaited their guests, greeting said guests with large smiles once they arrived.

Lost in the elegant sound she was creating, (Y/N) failed to observe a familiar brown haired boy stroll into the bustling music room. A particular pair of purple eyes instantly scouted his arrival however.

Tamaki apologised to his guests as he swiftly left his seat, making his way over to the boy, who seemed extremely out of place. "Ryuk? What can I help you with?" Tamaki questioned suspiciously, following Ryuk's gaze to the beautiful (Y/N).

"Nothing, thank you Tamaki. I'm merely here to watch (Y/N) play violin, I trust that's okay?" replied Ryuk, breaking his stare from the girl and eying the blonde.

"I'm afraid that's not possible, Ryuk," Tamaki explained, shaking his head.

"Why ever not?" inquired Ryuk, his tone getting a little more annoyed as Tamaki answered the way he didn't want.

Truthfully, Tamaki could see no problem with Ryuk's presence. However, the fact he was only coming to see (Y/N) struck him the wrong way. Surely if they lived in the same house he'd be able to hear her practice anyway, so why was he so intrigued to hear her play it at the Host Club? "It goes against the Host Club's policy."

"Well, is there any way I'd be able to stay here without breaking your... 'policy'?"

"No, there's not."

"You're mistaken there, Tamaki," Kyoya's sly voice chimed. "Ryuk, if you'd be willing to pay for a service from one of our Hosts, you would be able to stay." As much as Kyoya wanted to back up his best friend, he couldn't pass up on the chance to make extra revenue. Besides, keep your friends close and your enemies closer, right?

"Won't people think I'm gay if I request for a Host?" Ryuk questioned.

"No, that's not the case. We have many male customers here - most are here to make friends, however if a man is looking to be hosted we don't treat him any differently," informed Kyoya, causing Ryuk to awkwardly shuffle in his place.

"Come to think of it, that would be quite good for you; you don't have any friends, do you?" Tamaki chimed in cutely, causing Ryuk's face to shift to anger. "Well, you're new here, that's what I meant," he innocently pouted, making sure he spoke before Ryuk could cuss him out. Truthfully, Tamaki knew what he was saying would wind Ryuk up. He couldn't help but make the subtle jab at him though, something about Ryuk really unsettled Tamaki.