02

"Welcome to the Host Club!"

A chorus of different male voices danced around the spacious music room. 

As soon as (Y/N) opened the white and gold doors, rose petals blew in her direction, startling her before they settled neatly at her feet. She laughed a little at how easy she was to make jump - even rose petals could alarm her. 

From further inside the room, snickers from two people could be heard. She looked up, curious to see who was laughing, only to find a pair of identical twins looking at her with smiles on their faces. She recognised them; it seemed they both did too, because when she locked eyes with each of them, they both looked at each other - seeming to be doing that creepy twin thing where they know what the other is thinking. 

"Kyoya! It's the girl from earlier! It's the girl from earlier!" Tamaki's unmistakeable voice yelled excitedly, directing his speech toward the black-haired guy - the one who'd been there for the embarrassing encounter earlier on that day. 

'So, the other one was called Kyoya,' she mused to herself, un-subconsciously treading further and further into the room. She fiddled with her hair and straightened her dress, trying her hardest to make a good impression on the group of boys she stood before - who were very handsome, to say the least.

"Do you mean (Y/N)?" Kyoya questioned, lifting his head from his notebook to check if Tamaki was telling the truth. Much to his surprise, he was. Kyoya smacked his notebook shut and smiled a smile which she could tell was extremely fake. "Ah, hello (Y/N). I didn't expect you to show. What a pleasant surprise." When he spoke, there was a hint of sarcasm laced within his cold words.

"Yeah, hi," she replied with a small bow. The room plunged into a brief silence before (Y/N) cautiously broke it. "I'm here for the appointment thing," she awkwardly chuckled. "What do I do here? I was maybe thinking this was a Doctor Club because Tamaki kept talking about an 'appointment' but well..." her gaze wondered to the seven boys, before spying the rest of the room; cakes, pies, cookies, and every other sweet dessert under the sun were delicately placed around the pink room, "I don't think this is what a doctor club would look like." 

"Usually young women come in here to be entertained by one of us 'Hosts'," Tamaki started to explain, causing the girl to nod politely, despite the alarm bells ringing in her head. "Since I bumped into you, I thought I'd treat you to a free session with any host of your choice!" he continued, throwing his hands everywhere as he spoke extravagantly. His hand then found hers as he twirled her onto his lap; brushing her hair aside, he proceeded to whisper in her ear, "You know you'd have the most fun with me though, don't you?" he asked, watching her expression read nothing but shock.

"Do you want me to... get off your lap now?" was the first thing she said through an embarrassed blush, staring into Tamaki's purple eyes. To her, it was extremely strange to be fawn over by a guy she'd recently met, but she kept reminding herself it was his job to do so.

"No need Princess, I've got you." he softly replied, looking down at the girl with a smile. (Y/N) felt her whole body be lifted, bridal style, by Tamaki, shortly touching the shiny tiled floor with her school-shoes once more.

She smiled awkwardly and shuffled clumsily where she stood, wondering what was to happen next.

"So, which of us will you pick?!" Tamaki gushed, while all the boys stared at her. Unfortunately for (Y/N), he'd given her practically no time to get to know the others, so her decision would have to be purely based on appearances.

"How do I know who I'll like the most?" she asked, folding her arms in front of her. "Plus, I don't need 'entertaining' anyway," she added in a powerful tone.