36

"She's still not answering her phone," sighed a worried Tamaki, addressing Kyoya as he listened intently. It had been two days since everyone had last seen (Y/N). The final time they had lay eyes on the girl was when Ryuk had forcefully pulled her out of the abandoned classroom; along with that, they'd also received the shocking news the pair were engaged.

The seven Hosts and Carla had phoned her multiple times, and texted her a lot more. (Y/N)'s location was uncertain, which became a large factor for a lot of the Host's stress, especially Tamaki. Although Carla lived in the same house (Y/N) was being held captive, she had been put under strict instructions to not enter Ryuk's room - this would've seemed sketchy normally, but Ryuk had set that order the minute he set foot in the house, so it was normal for Carla.

Thankfully, (Y/N) had managed to eat whilst being restricted to Ryuk's room. Truthfully, it was mainly because of how annoying she was without it; she'd constantly complain she was hungry at be extremely distracting and irritating to Ryuk - because of this, she'd got her food. Plus, even though Ryuk acted like he didn't care, he didn't really want his fiancée to die from starvation in his room. So... he kind of cared.

--

"Can I go now?" asked (Y/N), eyeing the brown haired male. She'd been asking for around an hour, which was, luckily, the average time he'd start to tire of her repetitiveness.

Ryuk was sat at his desk crunching numbers. He merely shook his head, not turning to acknowledge the girl. "No," he grumbled. Annoyance was starting to show in his tone and (Y/N) could tell he was at breaking point.

"How about now?" she bugged again, asking no longer than five minutes later. 'I only have to ask a few more times until he gets really tired of me,' she schemed mentally, a smirk plastered on her face.

Incoherent mumbles were heard from Ryuk, "No. I just told you that, dumb bitch," he sternly said, gripping his pen just a little tighter to contain his anger.

His insult on (Y/N) caused her to fake pout and let out an over-exaggerated sigh. "Charming," she critiqued, earning a growl in frustration from Ryuk. He quickly and powerfully marched over, towering over the girl.

"You leave when I say you can."

(Y/N) chuckled at his seriousness. From being cooped up with him the past two days, she'd learnt to not take him so seriously. She was practically immune to his harsh words and empty threats. She knew he'd let her go soon.

He snarled when he saw the girl giggle. "You won't be laughing when you die of hunger here," he gruffly said.

Once more, she laughed. "Well of course not, I'll be dead!" she snorted. "Besides, you said I couldn't eat when I first got here. I know you're too much of a pussy to let me die," she smirked as she teased him. His frown grew wider as her smile flew upwards.

"Whatever," he rolled his eyes, dropping his menacing demeanour and returning to his desk.

--

"Dear (Y/N)... no," Tamaki huffed, scribbling out the three words written neatly on the paper that lay in front of him. "Hi (Y/N)!... no, that's not it," he sighed to himself, once more scribbling out the words sat on the page.

"What are you doing?" Kyoya asked from behind Tamaki, causing the blonde to jump. He watched as the boy tried to cover the paper; with a scoff he said, "You're writing a letter to (Y/N), aren't you?"

Tamaki's eyes widened and his cheeks grew a light shade of pink. "Nonsense!" he lied with an obvious smile. He watched as Kyoya raised an eyebrow.

"Nice try," he said with a knowing smirk, grabbing a chair next to the blonde and slowly taking a seat next to him. "Look," he continued with a small sigh, "I'm only doing this because you won't be okay until she's your girlfriend."

"She won't be! She likes Ryuk - I mean, they're engaged!"

Kyoya sighed. Sometimes, he could not believe how dumb his best friend was. "Tamaki, don't you remember her asking to not invite him to the Winter Ball? Don't you remember how uncomfortable she looked whenever he was around?" He watched as Tamaki's eyes lit up.

"So, you're saying she doesn't like him?" he asked, a wide and cute smile plastered on his face. "Thank God!" he yelled in triumph as he watched Kyoya nod, even a small smile covering his usually cold face. Tamaki had latched onto Kyoya in a big hug in celebration. Awkwardly, Kyoya patted Tamaki on the back - he wasn't one for hugs.

The next hour, the two boys spent their Sunday morning crafting a confession letter to (Y/N). Naturally, as Tamaki and Kyoya were both Hosts, the letter was laced with sweet nothings and beautiful words. However, could the girl ever get it? They were still unsure of her location, of course.

--

"Fine," sighed Ryuk. While Tamaki and Kyoya had been writing the letter at the blonde's house, (Y/N) and Ryuk had been arguing at theirs.

The girl smiled at his agreement. Finally, she would be free from his gross room. You'd think for such a popular business man, his bedroom would be tidy, let alone clean.

He loosened the ties around her wrists as she sighed in relief. Finally, she could feed herself again - Ryuk had been spoon-feeding her her meals... gross. "Thanks," she blandly said as he grumbled some response about her being too annoying to cope with. She was a little downhearted Ryuk didn't put up more of a fight to keep her, although that had been what he was doing the whole two days she was his. At least her plan worked: be that annoying Ryuk couldn't put up with her any longer.

She stood up from the chair, dusting off her ballgown. Before she walked out, she turned to Ryuk. "Hey, um, Ryuk?" she innocently asked, fiddling with her fingers and looking at the floor.

"Yes my love?" he asked with a rather soft tone. (Y/N) found it highly amusing how fast he switched up when she didn't act annoyingly.

'Every time,' (Y/N) laughed in her head. 'He falls for my cutesy act every time.'

"This is for you," she looked up, still trying her best to look as sweet as she could.

"What is it, sweethea-"

Before he'd had time to fully reply, (Y/N)'s hand had connected to his cheek. She burst out laughing, "Payback!" she happily yelled, dashing out of the room before Ryuk could catch her.

--

Although she was still in her dress for Friday's Ball, she hastily ran out of the house. She wasn't taking the chances of being in the same house as Ryuk after doing what she'd just done.

Manically dashing out of the mansion, the girl spewed out onto the pavement and began to run. She had no clue if Ryuk was behind her, so had to act fast. Realistically, he wouldn't do anything to her if he caught her, but the thrill of running had taken over (Y/N) and she was thriving in the new found freedom.

Her dress flowed graciously behind her, despite a few tears and rips here and there. Her matted and knotted hair brushed past the striking wind with ease as she dashed through the crisp winter morning. The electrifying sense of sprinting filled the lonely girl's heart, sparking it with immense and overpowering feelings of joy and a sudden care for her life. She'd no clue where she was going, but she didn't care.

She was free.