Chapter 49: Family

Start from the beginning

"I thought I lost you too..."

"I'm back...and besides, you'll have to bear this idiot friend of yours for a little longer..."

Before Mikasa could reply, her eyes widened in horror when several Anbu platoons landed right in front of their position. Her comrades quickly took out their remaining weapons, but all of them knew this fight was out of their hands...there was no way they could win in their current health.

"So, Yagura was right. This place is crawling with all type of Kumo Special forces..." thought Naruto seriously,

"Captain, there are too many of them. What should we do?" asked Genma worriedly,

"There are at least 200 Anbu in front of us...more enemy units could be approaching our position at any time. We need to get out of here..." suggested Iwashi quickly,

Everyone's gaze shifted towards Naruto...as he quickly took out his sword.

"Let me handle this..."

Rangiku was instantly in front of him, and he didn't need to look in her eye to understand her question.

"I can't teleport everyone else at the same time...my jutsu does not have speed" clarified Naruto honestly,

"Then..."

"Everyone step aside...form a defensive formation around Wolf (Izumo) and Dog (Hana). Are we clear?"

The Kumo Anbu could not understand why the Blacklight forces were listening to this strange boy...however a closer look at him made them take a few steps back in fear.

"It's him...the yellow flash!"

Naruto's eyebrows twitched on hearing that remark, while he did look like his father in a few ways...but couldn't people make the difference? He was a strong shinobi too...dammit!

Everyone was surprised when Mikasa gave him a light bop on the head.

"Moron, you're a Blacklight...most of the world doesn't even know you exist. You are Commander Phoenix..."

All the Blacklight face faulted on hearing that remark, and seeing the embarrassed look on Naruto's face made it look even more amusing.

"I know...you idiot!"

"Uh-huh..."

Even the Kumo Anbu sweat dropped on seeing the weird interaction between the Yellow Flash and the Weasel (Mikasa) masked Blacklight. Was she scolding him?

"That's it...you are all dead now!" yelled Naruto childishly, and this time the Kumo Anbu face faulted on hearing his childish voice...while the Blacklight smacked their foreheads.

Rangiku sympathetically patted his back as Naruto was simply baffled on seeing everyone making fun of him...

But the next second every ninja in the area was surprised when Naruto started laughing madly, as a monstrous chakra erupted in the entire area.

"This foul chakra..."

Mikasa couldn't understand why Naruto's chakra was so different from before. It was more dark, malicious, and full of hatred. But when she looked in his eyes, she freezed in shock.

"Mikasa...all of this. This shinobi world...

...none of it matters anymore!"

Her worst fears came true when she saw the murderous look in his eyes. Armin was right...

"You've chosen your path...Naruto" thought Mikasa defeatedly, but she also knew what had to be done now.

The Kumo Anbu immediately took defensive formation as Naruto stepped forward. His Mangekyo sharingan glared at the enemy forces as he tightly grasped his sword in his right hand. These soldiers had already seen him, and so there was no point in sparing their lives.