Chapter Forty

Rebel had performed at inauguration balls.

He had sang for kings and queens.

None of that made him as nervous as when Dom had told him that they would be dining with his family that night. Sunday dinner at the Gaines family house. Meeting Dom's parents.

Dom had laughed when Rebel's mouth dropped open at hearing the news. At Rebel's racing to his bedroom in a panic as he screamed out," What will I wear! "

Rebel was terrified. He thought he was falling for his tall gorgeous funny sweet protective bodyguard. And tonight he was meeting the man's family. Not performing. Actually sitting and talking to them. What if they realized what an awful fake person he really was and hated him? What if Dom's parents hated him?

Which was why his bedroom closet looked like a hurricane hit it. Clothes and shoes were tossed everywhere as he rejected them.

Too sexy.

Too bold.

Too expensive.

Too flaming.

Too much.

Everything was just too much , he despaired. What would he wear !

Finally he chose a crisp white linen summer suit with a simple black tee shirt and white canvas boat shoes.

As he brushed and braided his hair into a French braid he saw Dom's smirking face suddenly appear in his vanity mirror.

Dom laughed," Why are you acting like some little girl going to her first Rebel concert? "

Rebel whirled about and tossed the hair brush at him. Dom ducked and it hit the wall behind him.

" I am not," Rebel mumbled.

" Are to ," Dom laughed as he pulled him into his arms and hugged him." Don't be nervous, Rock God. It's just my family. They already love you because you're a Rock God.  Hell even without the money, fame and talent you're easy to love. "

Rebel relaxed almost instantly within Dom's arms. " I'm not much to love. I'm really a mess. A Grammy winning mess. I should have an Oscar in messes. "

Dom smiled. Rebel held him tighter. Yeah he was not falling for this man. He was afraid that he already loved Dom Gaines. Too much. Too fast. He had never been in love before.

" You're my Grammy winning mess , Rock God. "

Tears flooded Rebel's eyes. Emily Jean's God help them both. He loved this man so much already.

He was going to fuck up somehow. He was going to fuck it all up. He knew it.