Chapter Thirty Nine

Dom was good to his word and stayed in the kitchen during the interview with the one and only Daisy Fate who arrived in all her four hundred pound glory in a cherry red swirling dress and matching cape and high heeled leather boots. Her beady  blue eye shadowed eyes narrowed as they saw him retreating quickly to the other room.

She boomed out," Who might that very tasty delicious looking dish be there, Rebel, dear ? Surely not the mystery hunk from the other night? I heard all about it! You were apparently a very very very bad boy last night. Come tell Mother all about it. "

She patted the spot next to her on the sofa. Rebel was perched on the piano bench. He looked like he would rather fly away.

She called out ," Come back, you gorgeous man ! Mother won't bite. Much. "

Dom didn't believe that. He could just see those sharp pearly white teeth of hers taking huge chunks of him. He wasn't going to test that theory out. His mother didn't raise no fool. Well maybe Anthony but he was dropped on his head by their Grandma as a baby. He chose to observe from a safe place. The kitchen.

He watched as Rebel put on an Oscar award winning performance. The man smiled. He cooed. He told witty jokes of people they apparently knew well. He even played for her a rousing jazz ditty on the piano. Dom also watched Daisy Fate as she so deftly tried to steer the conversation back to last night.

" So who is that handsome man hiding in the kitchen? Is he the one from last night? We're you really holding hands with him ? Naughty boy ! Is your bi coming out, dear ? "

Rebel was getting pissed. He could tell. But to his credit the man kept his cool.

" That man ," he said as he tapped at the piano keys delicately," is merely my body guard. And a good one. He was not beating up anyone. In fact he saved me from that man who assaulted me in the club last night. He protected me. "

" Protected ! Assaulted! Do tell more ! "

Rebel smiled coolly at her. " The young college student who attacked me for no reason is very lucky I chose not to press charges against him. "

Daisy clicked her teeth in a falsely comforting way. " Of course! Of course ! Sounds like a total brute ! Now why do you have a body guard, dear ? You never had one before. "

Rebel stood up suddenly. Suddenly he seemed taller and more powerful than ever.

" Because, dear , I am The God Of Rock. Who deserves a bodyguard more than me ? Now if you don't mind leaving. I've new universes to create. It ain't easy Goding. "