Chapter Eighteen

London

Sallie Sue Gibson didn't look her age. Thanks to much plastic surgery, Botox and her daily Pilates class. She would never dream of telling a soul her true age. All her life she depended on two things to get her by.

Her looks. And her brains.

She stepped from the shower stall in her luxurious London flat and stepped onto the fluffy bath rug , reaching for a thick pearl pink bath towel to dry off her water glistening smooth white body. With an always confident smile she slipped on her favorite peach silk robe.

People tended to underestimate her. Always had. It worked in her favor. 

Her iPhone rang from the counter and her smile slid away as she noticed who it was.

What the fuck did that bastard want now?

She answered it crisply," Yes ? "

He sounded just like he had years before. Arrogant. Smooth. The voice of a man who always got what he wanted. Sick bastard.

" I can't stop thinking about him , " he drawled. " He's my drug. I need him. I allowed him to have his fun. It's time for me to reclaim him. I want Ricky Joe back. "

Sallie sucked in a breath. He took her back years with those words.

" Find a new drug. You two have different lives now. This thing of yours will ruin everything. For everyone especially you. "

Rebel losing everything was not in her plans. She'd grown too accustomed to a life style only he could give her. He finally had an use.

" It never ruined anything before, did it? Dear dear dear Sallie Sue. I want you to bring him to me. I'll make it worth  your time. Just like old days. "

Sallie laughed. And laughed. " My son takes very good care of my needs and wants. I don't need you anymore, you sick bastard. Besides I don't think Ricky Joe is interested in the likes of you anymore. "

He laughed coldly. "Really? Will he also pay off your very large gambling debt you owe to people who won't take no for an answer? Does he even know? I can pay your debt. All of it. With an extra tip. Or I can make a simple phone call to have that debt collected faster. These people won't kill but they like to leave their mark. They like acid in the face I hear. "

" You don't have the balls. "

He continued to laugh. It slid over her like razor sharp fingernails. " A million dollars is a very large debt. I don't believe my pretty boy would pay that for Mommy Dearest. It's your choice, Sallie Sue. Deliver my boy or you won't stay pretty anymore. "

She closed her eyes.

( " Mommy, you have to stop this," Ricky Joe begged helplessly.

" Oh , baby boy , just close your eyes and sing. It'll be over soon enough. I promise. Do this for the family. Do it for Mommy. " )

" Give me time to think about it. "

Time to think of a way to finally escape him.

" Of course. Don't take too long. You know how impatient I can be. It's been too long already. I've missed him. "
             Trigger warning: Child sexual abuse.

            Years before
             Geary , Arkansas

" No ! ," Emily screamed and pushed him away. " No ! I don't want to! "

Sallie stood at the door to Emily's bedroom smoking a Marlboro and blowing murky rings towards the water stained ceiling of her young fourteen year old daughter's room. " Don't be silly, girl. Think about the family. " Then she left the room.

" No ," she whimpered. Her big blue eyes grew big as she stepped away from him. His cologne disgusted her. He disgusted her. " Please . "

" Leave my sister alone! " Thirteen year old Ricky Joe stepped into the bedroom looking like a young baby fat carrying avenging angel.

The man turned to him. He smiled.

He reached out to grab hold of Ricky Joe's shaggy blond curls and pulled him closer. The boy trembled in his grip. " Leave my sister alone. Get out! Please. "

The man leaned forward.

His smell made Ricky Joe gag.

Emily cried in the corner of her room where she sank down to her knees praying.

" I paid that slut mommy of yours a lot of money. " His lips grazed the side of Ricky Joe's face. The boy tried not to cry. " I paid for a Gibson. I don't care what Gibson it is. "

Emily prayed harder.

Sallie blew smoke rings towards the doorway.

Ricky Joe closed his eyes and tears rolled down his face.

" I think. I think I'd prefer it to be you, Ricky Joe Gibson. "

Ricky Joe sobbed openly.

" Mommy, mommy," he pleaded. "You have to stop this. "

Sallie regarded him with only cold assessing blue eyes.

" Oh , baby boy, just close your eyes and sing. It'll be over soon. Mommy promises. Do this for the family. Emily Jean, stop that confounded noise and get your silly self up. The gentleman and Ricky Joe require your room to get better acquainted. "