Chapter 48: The Yellow Spark

Start from the beginning

"Are you hurt?" asked Naruto worriedly, as he quickly started healing her wounds.

She just continued to stare at him and seeing the worried look in his eyes warmed her heart. After all this time, he had finally noticed her...

He flashed her a bright smile as he finished healing her wounds.

"You'll be alright now..." said Naruto reassuringly,

"How did you find me?'' asked Rangiku hesitantly, even now looking into those eyes made her feel something strange in her heart. This strange, warm feeling...

She was surprised when he showed her a few strands of her own beautiful blonde hair...

"You're the only person in Blacklight having such beautiful blonde hair...I was looking for supplies, and sensed your chakra. As I followed your trail, I found your hair which lead me straight to you, Rangiku" said Naruto happily, as a small smile came on her face on hearing his explanation.

"Thanks..." said Rangiku gratefully,

She was surprised when he gently lifted her up in his arms and quickly started jumping across the trees.

"W-what are you doing?" asked Rangiku hesitantly, and he chuckled a little on seeing the slight blush on her cheeks.

"Taking you back to my hideout. My team's there...you can stay the night with us. This forest is dangerous..." said Naruto honestly,

"Even if I'm from another team?" asked Rangiku suspiciously, it was true that all the cadets had divided themselves into 3 man teams in order to survive in this forest.

Time and time, they fought against each other in order to claim ownership over the little amount of supplies in the forest.

"This fight was different, it was a battle between the enemy and my comrade. You're a Blacklight...so you're one of us" said Naruto innocently and gave her a wide thumbs up.

She was touched by those words, even in this cruel, dark world...among all the bloodshed, killing, hate...Naruto was like a ray of hope for her. His pure heart and his helping nature made her like him more and more.

But...

"Ne, Naruto...do you dislike me?" asked Rangiku sadly, every time she tried getting close to him...the farther he would get.

"Why do you think that?" asked Naruto curiously, as she bit her lip showing her nervousness.

"You always seem to ignore me..." said Rangiku sadly, and he smiled on hearing that answer.

"Because I knew you were strong, in spirit and body...you're a unique ninja, Rangiku" said Naruto truthfully,

"But I could not defeat all the enemy ninja...I am weak" said Rangiku defeatedly, as he landed on the top of a tall tree.

Naruto looked at her for a moment, and noticed her low self confidence in her eyes.

"You're strong, in your own unique way. Rangiku, you are different from most of us...it doesn't matter if you cannot kill every enemy, what matters is that you are willing to fight for your country and comrades. And you are like a ray of hope for me...we live in a dark world where everyday we witness tragedy but watching your smile, listening to your jokes brings joy in my life. I really like you...Rangiku" explained Naruto happily,

Tears slipped from her eyes on seeing the affection which he had for her in his heart.

"Naruto..."