Chapter 170 - Breaking (9)

Beginne am Anfang

Moreover, he wondered if it was really necessary.

Most importantly.

‘There’s no place like the current agency.’

The relationship built up with Choi Sung-gun was too deep. Though it was short, it was also long, a little less than a year. A lot had happened during that time, and Choi Sung-gun had supported Kang Woojin through numerous shocks. As the head of an entertainment company, that is. Of course, the deeply ingrained misunderstandings couldn’t be ignored, and Woojin’s concept was something bw Entertainment was familiar with. And there’s also Hong Hye-yeon.

Wouldn’t this be the best agency for Kang Woojin?

Hence, Choi Sung-gun was Woojin’s top choice. However, that didn’t mean he intended to gloss over the practical aspects.

‘Leaving things vague would make the CEO even more uncomfortable.’

A contract is ultimately business, and relationships are strengthened when both parties are firm. Choi Sung-gun knew this better than anyone.

Therefore.

“Woojin.”

Choi Sung-gun was the first to turn the conversation towards reality.

“When we signed the 1-year contract, I told you to first see what it’s like at bw Entertainment, right?”

“Yes.”

“Was it okay?”

“It was good.”

“Haha, thanks. But even so, you need to hear the main points I had in mind for the extension contract.”

“Please tell me, ah- but we don’t need to do a 1-year contract anymore. It’s troublesome.”

Choi Sung-gun suddenly became serious.

“I know, that’s why I set the extension contract for 3 years. You can consider it the basic term. The ratio will be 7:3 from 9:1. This is also a standard ratio. Of course, all works and advertisements carried out at 9:1 will remain under the previous contract. Finally, regarding the contract payment.”

Recently, the transfer fee of top actress Hong Hye-yeon, akin to her stature, became a hot topic. 2 billion won. The media was abuzz with just the signing bonus amounting to 2 billion won. That 2 billion won was the valuation of everything from her career. In contrast, Kang Woojin’s initial signing bonus was 40 million won. (TL: 2 billion won at current rate = 1.5 million $ and 40 million won = 30k $)

Soon, Choi Sung-gun made an offer to Kang Woojin.

“I want to give you the house you’re currently living in.”

“······”

Woojin, with his unchanged stoic expression, was internally screaming.

‘What??!’

The luxury officetel near Samsung Station where Kang Woojin currently lived.

‘Giving me the house?? Crazy!! For real??!’

Since its market price was 1 billion won.

Meanwhile,

Time passed. While Kang Woo-jin was busy fulfilling his acting roles and schedule, the external buzz kept proliferating endlessly.

『Numerous entertainment companies showing interest, where will Kang Woojin nest next year?』

Alongside Kang Woojin’s issues being added, related topics were also highlighted once again. Or rather, the ongoing attention had just become louder.