Chapter 168 - Breaking (7)

Start from the beginning

“Hmm-”

Somehow, the treatment he received on the day of ‘Hanryang’s reading and now was worlds apart. The news about Woojin’s contract was blowing up, and renowned entertainments like GGO Entertainment were directly contacting him.

Even the CEOs themselves were taking action.

‘Back when I received business cards, at best, they were from managers.’

It meant that Kang Woojin’s position in the acting industry was quite high. Hence, it couldn’t be taken lightly. It was a contract that would determine the next few years. Thanks to that, Kang Woojin, who was green in this area, had been doing his homework.

Before going to bed or on his days off, etc.

Especially when he was alone, he reviewed his current contract multiple times and checked the conditions of various top actors online.

Additionally.

‘The difference between the past me and the current me.’

He took stock of what he had achieved so far and what he planned to do in the future. However, it was still difficult. It didn’t make sense for him, who had only gone through one contract negotiation in his first year, to be very knowledgeable.

Nonetheless, Kang Woojin was determined about one thing.

‘Ah, should I go as far as to think this is a bit over the top? Let’s give it a shot.’

He decided to include a bit of a concept in the contract negotiations. Since Kang Woojin’s character was already well-established, acting boldly would not seem odd to the other party. The plan was to naturally arrive at a fair value through this approach.

“Heh, not bad.”

What stopped Kang Woojin, who had been indulging in self-satisfaction, was.

-Rattle.

The van door opened, and Choi Sung-gun pointed backwards with his thumb.

“Standby! Let’s go, Woojin.”

“Yes, CEO~nim.”

Kang Woojin, dressed in military uniform, got off the van silently. Yet, he glanced at Choi Sung-gun, who hadn’t taken his eyes off his phone.

‘Hmm- It’s probably best not to mention the calls from the entertainment companies, right?’

Around noon, at the SBC.

The corridor, adorned with posters of various hit shows, also featured ‘Profiler Hanryang.’ The poster, seemingly added recently, was in pristine condition, and through the glass doors of the conference room at the end, many figures were gathered.

The composition was mostly of older individuals.

However, it wasn’t just SBC executives present. There were influential figures from various sectors related to the entertainment industry. The reason was simple. They were the ‘jury’ for the SBC Acting Awards, which was less than two months away.

The atmosphere was solemn.

In front of the people seated around the large rectangular table, tablets and papers were abundant, detailing this year’s confirmed awards, SBC’s productions, and the actors who shone in those works. The jury was examining these with great depth.

Interestingly,

“Hmm- As expected, ‘Profiler Hanryang’ is strong this year.”

Both in the works and among the award nominees, actors from ‘Profiler Hanryang’ were significantly represented. It was a natural outcome.