She stared at the food on her plate for a few seconds, then looked away and asked him calmly.

"Did your parents find out so soon?"

"Yeah, I think it's time for them to meet you, so I told them."

After Jayden finished speaking, he looked at Eva and saw that she didn't look good. He thought she didn't want to go, so he quickly added.

"It's okay if you don't want to go. I can reject them."

Jayden's parents had already expressed their desire to meet her. If she still rejected them, it would appear that she is not sensible.

After all, they went on blind dates with the goal of getting married.

If she refused to meet the other party's parents, she would inevitably be criticized.

Eva thought about it, although they had only been dating for a month, they knew each other well, so it was normal to meet his parents so soon. So she agreed.

"No need to refuse. I'll go."

Paul threw down his cutlery and glared at her angrily.

"You guys are moving pretty fast, agreeing to meet his parents so soon. Are you planning to get married after meeting his parents?"

Eva naturally didn't reply to this sarcastic remark.

Jayden next to her, however, lifted his head and smiled at Paul.

"It's precisely because we're getting married that we're going to meet our parents. What about you? Haven't you brought your girlfriend to meet your parents?"

"Well..."

Paul opened his mouth to argue, but Jayden interrupted him: "I almost forgot, you're just playing around when it comes to relationships, and you have no intention of marrying anyone, so naturally you wouldn't bring them to meet your parents."

Everyone could hear the sarcasm in Jayden's words, even Stella, the host, looked a bit embarrassed, and Henry exchanged a few glances with her.

Grace even put down his knife and fork, crossed his chubby little hands, rested his round chin on his arms, and watched the battle.

Paul didn't care at all about what Jayden said, all he cared about was Eva, but when Jayden was mocking him, she never lifted her head.

"I wish you happiness."

He picked up his suit jacket hanging on the back of the chair, stood up and left.

Stella and Henry saw that Paul was leaving in anger, and quickly followed him.

"Paul."

He turned his head, glanced at the two who were catching up, but couldn't help but look at Eva from the corner of his eye.

Seeing the woman sitting at the dining table, not even turning her head once, he became even more agitated.

"What's the matter?"

"Sorry about that, we'll invite you to dinner again next time."

Even though Paul was still angry, he didn't take it out on the innocent.

"No, thanks."

He left with these two words, turning around and walking away in anger.

Hearing the sound of the sports car revving, Eva tightly gripped the knife and fork in her hand, but remained expressionless and continued to cut the steak.

James, who had finished watching the show, put down his chin-supporting hand and glanced coldly at Jayden.

James felt that it was time to teach Paul a lesson, so that he wouldn't be so ignorant.