Chapter 113

James clenched his pale fingers as he lowered his arrogant face and begged Eva.

"Ms. Miller, I have something very important to tell her. Could you please tell me where she is?"

Eva watched as James, who was far superior to her, spoke to her in just a humble pleading tone. She was in disbelief.

After hesitating for a few seconds, she replied, "Mr. Evans, I really don't know, but I can be certain that this project of theirs is within the US. They should be back in a few days. How about you go back first, and I'll let you know once she's back?"

James didn't want to waste a second. "Ms. Miller, can you contact her for me?"

On his way to the villa, he had used many different phone numbers to try to get through to Amelia, but she never picked
up.

Amelia had blocked his work phone number and she wouldn't answer calls from unknown numbers, so he had to ask Eva for a favor.

Seeing how dedicated James was, Eva was at a loss. Despite that, she took out her cell phone to call Amelia.

She made consecutive calls to Amelia's new and old numbers, but no one answered.

Eva wanted to give up, but James signaled her to keep calling. Thus, Eva could only continue calling over and over again...

Amelia was in Quezon City's development zone. She was wearing a hard hat, bending over as she followed the architect around to survey the construction site.

She was recording data, so she didn't pay attention to her phone vibrating, nor did she take out her phone until she finished her work.

Seeing that it was Eva calling, she got up quickly and walked to a safe place before taking her helmet off to answer the call.

"Eva, what's wrong?"

Before Eva could speak, James snatched the phone away from her.

"Amelia, it's me. Where are you?"

When she heard that magnetic, deep and hoarse voice from the other end of the line, Amelia's chest tightened.

She paused for a few seconds, then hung up the phone. It seemed like she didn't want to see him again as she pressed on the power off button heartlessly.

Seeing that she had hung up, James hurriedly called again, but Amelia had switched off her phone.

His heart suddenly ached to the point of him choking up. His grip on the phone tightened.

"Mr. Evans, since Amelia doesn't want to see you, perhaps you should forget about it..."

James loosened his grip and returned the phone to Eva. He thanked her for her help before returning to the car.

Andrew immediately followed suit. He got into the driver's seat and before he could even start the car, he received an order from James.

"Go find out where she is now."

If she didn't want to see him, then he would go to her. There were some things that needed to be explained clearly. He couldn't let this misunderstanding go on.

Andrew thought that James had given up. He didn't expect that he would turn to another way to look for Amelia.

"Understood."

After replying respectfully, he added, "I'll take you home first, Mr. Evans."

James nodded gently. He raised his fingers and rubbed his temples, which were throbbing from a headache.