Chapter 56

On the seventh day of Amelia's death, Jackson returned to Arcadia.

He took a file bag to Eva's apartment.

Eva just finished making many dishes that Amelia liked to eat and placed them on the table. Then she saw Jackson.

After he came in, he glanced at the food on the table and asked Eva in surprise, "Why do you cook so many foods?"

There was a hint of loneliness in Eva's eyes. "I heard that the relatives will come back on the seventh day of their death. Amelia didn't eat the porridge I bought before she passed away. She must have been hungry for a few days. I was afraid that she would. want to eat something when she came back, so I prepared more for her..."

Jackson's face turned pale when he heard this. He was in so much pain that he couldn't breathe.

That was right. Amelia passed away without eating or drinking anything.

Thinking of Amelia's miserable death, Jackson could not stand still. He leaned against the dining table and chair to stabilize himself.

Seeing him like this, Eva quickly asked him to sit down. Then she turned to the kitchen, set up an empty plate and fork and knife, and put them aside. "Let's have dinner with her."

Jackson's face was pale. He nodded and took the fork from Eva.

He picked up the food and put it into his mouth, but he had no appetite.

Eva also had no appetite, but she forced herself to. She had to cheer up so that she could have the strength to take revenge on Daniel and that bitch!

Jackson put down his fork after taking a few bites. Then he picked up the file and handed it to Eva.

"Eva, these are all my real estate. I've transferred them all to you."

"In addition, I've also transferred money to your bank account. You can check the specific amount yourself."

"Quit the job in the nightclub. Take good care of yourself. Don't be too tired."

The more Eva listened, the more she felt that he seemed to be leaving his last words. She felt very uneasy.

"What are you going to do?"

Jackson smiled calmly. "Don't worry. I just promised Amelia that I would take good care of you. But as you know, I can't spare time to visit you because I need to manage the Collins Group. The only thing I can do is give you as much money as possible."

After he finished speaking, a trace of guilt appeared in his eyes. "I should have taken good care of you when I returned to the Collins Group, but I lost my memory and made you and Amelia suffer for five years..."

He had sent someone to investigate. Amelia had not only sold her body in order to pay for his surgery, but she had also borrowed. 200,000 dollars from Elite International Corporation for the follow-up treatment.
Over the past five years, she had been frugal in order to pay for her debts. Most of the time, she was reluctant to spend money.

Eva, on the other hand, sold wine at nightclubs day and night. And Eva was often bullied and put in a difficult position by some vulgar guests.

When he was a child, he had promised to be the head of the family and take care of them after he grew up, but he broke his promise.

Every time he thought of this, he felt so guilty that he couldn't sleep at night. He wished he could go back to the past and slap himself hard.

Eva didn't care about that. She comforted him and said, "Even if you didn't return to the Collins Group, Amelia and I are capable, and we won't let you take care of us."