Chapter 31

The door was not closed, and the voices of the two people outside talking were heard by Amelia, which made her feel very harsh.

The bloody fact was laid out before her, and only then did she realize what she meant to James.

In the past five years, she had always been clear that she was just a tool for James to vent his desire.

However, she had never before had a moment that made her completely lose hope like now...

She raised her right hand and increased the speed of the slow drip of the IV, thinking that if the fluid were infused faster, the illness would improve faster.

After Stella left, James looked toward the secondary bedroom and saw the door open. His face suddenly darkened.

He got up somewhat uncontrollably and walked quickly to the room, and as soon as he got in, he saw Amelia adjusting the IV.

Her palm-sized face had little emotional fluctuation, and she was as gentle and obedient as before.

When she saw him coming in, she smiled at him and dispelled the doubts in his heart.

The voice he talked to Stella was not loud, so she probably did not hear them.

After letting out a sigh of relief, James sat down beside her.

"Do you feel better?"

Amelia pretended that nothing had happened and nodded. "I'm better now.

Then, they didn't say anything.

The silence made the atmosphere between the two of them slightly awkward.

Seeing that he wasn't going to leave, Amelia couldn't help but ask, "Mr. Evans, can you help me find my bag?"

Her bag was left in the banquet hall of the Seaview Hotel, and her phone and other things were inside.

She was afraid that Eva would be anxious if she couldn't find her, so she could only ask James to help her find her bag first.

James felt a little uncomfortable when she called him "Mr. Evans."

Although she used to be called him, he didn't feel alienated.

After they parted ways, he felt that she was getting farther and farther away from him every time she called him like this.

James frowned. After he had cleared his mind, he took out his phone and called Andrew.

After evacuating from the hospital with a group of people, Andrew had to return and forcefully take Amelia's bag from Jackson's hands.

Andrew looked at the small white leather bag in his hand and couldn't help shaking his head. This was probably the most childish thing he had ever done.

When Andrew arrived at the villa with Amelia's bag, James had already left the second bedroom and was buried in his work in the study.

Andrew knocked on the door of the study. Only after getting James's permission did he walk in.

"Mr. Evans, this is Ms. Garcia's bag."

Andrew handed the bag in his hand to James.

James raised his eyes and glanced at Frank, standing beside him.

"Send it to her first."

"Got it."

Frank answered, took the bag from Andrew, and turned to leave.

After Frank closed the door, Andrew began to report the latest situation to James.

"Mr. Evans, Jeffery is sending people to look for Ms. Garcia. It seems that he won't give up until he finds her."