Chapter 106

After Amelia left the turf club, she was suddenly a little dazed when she saw dozens of luxury cars parked outside.

She was in an unfamiliar country and environment with strangers all around her. She didn't know a single person. That feeling of loneliness made her want to escape.

She stood at the door, her heart feeling heavy and depressed when a slender hand took her tiny hand and held it tightly.

"Amelia."

James' concerned voice could be heard from above her head.

Amelia didn't dare to look up at him. She lowered her looking at the hand that was once again holding hers.

James followed her gaze and glanced at their interlocked fingers, only to belatedly remembered that he had let go of her hand just now.

He panicked and hurriedly lowered his head to apologize to her.

"I'm sorry, Amelia. I should have let you know what's going on, instead of letting go of your hand and following another woman. I was so inconsiderate. It's my fault."

When Amelia saw those bright eyes full of nervousness, she wondered if she was making too much of a fuss.

She felt insecure, and her thoughts were confused, but she still shook her head at him. "It's okay..."

Her words left James even more flustered, and he bowed even deeper.

It wasn't until he was at eye level with her that he saw her gaze clearly. It was so full of sorrow, and his heart suddenly felt suffocated.

James, who was afraid that she would be disappointed in him because of this, turned pale with tension on his handsome face.

"Amelia, don't get me wrong. She's my business partner. I've never been involved with her in that way," he explained.

Seeing that he was about to kneel down in front of her, Amelia slowly let go of the gloom in her heart.

It was normal for a man like James to have some high-quality women around him.
As long as he didn't betray her, there was no need to worry too much about such trivial matters.

After Amelia thought it through, she squeezed his hand again, then raised the corners of her mouth, and smiled. "I believe you."

The tension on James' face melted away with her grin. He was about to continue explaining, but Amelia said, "Let's go home, James."

Those words warmed James' heart, and moved him even more than when she said she trusted him.

He couldn't help but hold Amelia's face in his hands and kissed her red lips desperately in front of everyone.

When Jessica came out of the turf club, she was greeted by that blinding scene, and she froze in place.

She couldn't believe that the god-like man in front of her was frantically kissing a woman she despised.

Judging from the posture, it was clear that he was far more in love than she was.

Amelia didn't even raise her hand, but the man was hugging her waist and taking the initiative to be intimate with her.

It probably wasn't the first time they had shared such a bold and passionate kiss. It seemed that James, who was rumored to have never gotten close to women before, had already slept with her.

Thinking of James' first time being given to Amelia, Jessica was so jealous that she went insane.

She had fantasized about being hugged and kissed by James countless times, or being pressed down by him and doing it with him.