Chapter 23

Amelia smiled and felt that she was a little stupid. What did their wedding have to do with her?

Jackson frowned slightly when he saw her bitter smile.

"What's wrong?"

Amelia shook her head and did not reply, but her eyes were sad.

Jackson thought she was concerned about what Paul said, so he quickly comforted her. "Don't take his words to heart. He thought I canceled the engagement with his sister and made him lose face, so he targeted me several times. It has nothing to do with you."

Amelia nodded. There was nothing to take to heart. No one would care about her feelings anyway.

Jackson saw the despair in her eyes, and his frown deepened. "You look very sad. Did something happen?"

Is it that obvious?

Amelia raised her hand to touch her stiff face, which was cold and devoid of warmth.

She forced a smile and said, "Nothing. I'm just not feeling well."

Jackson believed this excuse a little. "Are you feeling unwell in your legs?"

Amelia couldn't even walk. There must be something wrong with her leg.

But he didn't find anything unusual when he hugged her just now.

Amelia nodded and said, "My leg is a little swollen. It should be because of the veins."

She was still very wary of Jackson. She couldn't tell if his amnesia was real or fake, so she could only hide it for now.

Jackson knew the symptoms of the veins stretching. Although the legs might swell, they usually improve after a period of time, and it shouldn't affect one's ability to walk.

He did not dare to ask any more questions. She got angry when he asked a few more questions about her condition in the villa. It was better not to annoy her.

Jackson didn't talk about this matter anymore but was still concerned about her health. "I'll ask Erin to treat you. He's a genius in medicine and can cure all kinds of minor illnesses in your body."

The stiff smile on Amelia's face became bitter. "No need."

There was no need to waste medical resources on a dying person.

"You..."

Jackson wanted to persuade her again, but Amelia turned to look out of the window, looking like she didn't want to continue communicating with him, so he had to stop.

The car quickly drove into the community. After Jackson parked the car, he carried Amelia upstairs.

Even though Amelia didn't want him to know where she lived, she could do nothing in this situation.

She took out the key to open the door, and Jackson carried her into the house,

"Put me on the sofa," Amelia said.

Jackson nodded. He walked to the sofa and gently put her down.

Amelia sat up straight and looked up at Jackson. "Mr. Collins, thank you very much."

On the surface, she was thanking him, but the meaning behind her words were to say goodbye to him.

Jackson felt a little suffocated in his heart, but he pretended to be gentle.

"Take a good rest at home for the next few days. You don't have to entertain me for the time being."

After that, he turned around and left.