Chapter 48

"Beep..."

An ear-piercing sound came from the treadmill.

The person on the operating table left just like that.

Eva cried so hard that she fainted. Stella pushed her to the emergency room in a hurry.

Only Jackson remained kneeling, staring at the person on the stage motionlessly.

He stared at her briefly, picked up her soft body, and walked out.

Stella, who was in the emergency room next door, hurried to stop him. "Mr. Collins, Ms. Garcia's last words are to cremate..."

Jackson was numb. He glanced at Stella and said, "I know."

He stared intensely at her pale face. In a soft voice, he said, "I just want to change her clothes." Amelia's clothes were stained with the blood on his hands. She loved looking beautiful and didn't want to be cremated in such garments.

Jackson's calm and steady expression shocked Stella.

"Doesn't Jackson love Ms. Garcia very much?" she wondered.

Why was he so calm?

Stella looked at his back as he walked away. She thought that Jackson was at least willing to send her off for the last time, but they couldn't even find James.

The shock in her heart slowly faded away. Men were always so heartless. She shouldn't have placed any hope in them...

Jackson carried Amelia back to the ward, helped her wipe her body, and changed her into clean clothes.

He bent down and kissed her deeply on the forehead. Then he picked up her ID card and asked the bodyguards to issue the death certificate.

The moment he got the certificate, Jackson's expression was calm. He just picked her up and walked to the crematorium next to the hospital.

Jackson personally sent her to the crematorium. When he wanted to follow her in, the staff stopped him.

"Sir, you can't go in. Leave the burning work to us..."

Jackson could only stop outside the door and watch as several staff members pushed Amelia in.

Many smelting furnaces were inside, and the ones close to the outside were all working. Only the innermost one was empty.

He saw with his eyes that the staff had pushed Amelia into the stove after making a few turns.

At that moment, his calm heart was suddenly torn apart.

All of a sudden, he broke down. Like a madman, he rushed recklessly...

"Stop! Don't cremate her!"

He shouted at the top of his lungs, but he was stopped by many staff members.

"Sir, the cremation button has been turned on. There's no way to stop it. Please restrain your grief!"

They were all trying to persuade Jackson, and the bodyguards were holding him back, but he refused to listen and tried his best to break free from them.

He wanted to take her home. Even if it was just a cold corpse, he would take her home!!!

"Jackson, don't be like this..."

When Erin heard the news of Amelia's death, he immediately rushed over. However, he did not expect to see such a scene.

In his memory, Jackson had always been gentle, elegant, and indifferent. Erin had never lost his composure.