Chapter 47: Robert Is back III

11.05 p.m. At Club Legends.

Sarah walked out of the restroom for the third time in a row. Under the colorful disco lights, Sarah maneuvered through a maze of people, heading back to the VIP room where the two men sat. Robert has been drinking with Henry since six in the evening. Countless women looked at her with undisguised hostility for snatching their opportunity to be with these two handsome men.

Sarah had tagged along after dinner. Well, tagging along  wasn't really her choice but here she was. She'd settled for non-alcoholic cocktails this time; she wasn't stupid enough to try Long Island for a second time. She had already lost count of how many glasses of virgin mojito and lemonade she'd taken — no wonder her bladder couldn't hold it in for that long.

"Henry, let me tell you..." Robert shakily lifted his hand and placed it on Henry's arm. He grinned and patted Henry's arm twice while trying to open his drooping eyelids. "I'm happy today."

Sarah stood at the side with her arms folded. She rolled her eyes and looked at her sympathetically.

Henry glanced at the wasted Robert and then his gaze shifted to Sarah. He could see a tinge of red in her eyes. "Tired?"

"I was tired three hours ago. Now I'm tired pro max." she exhaled and ran her fingers through her hair while looking at Robert, who was spouting nonsense. "Why did you let him drink this much?"

Henry just smiled. His black eyes seemed to be covered by a light layer of mist under the flickering lights. He leaned back on the couch with one hand resting casually behind the couch while the other one was still held hostage by Robert. Two more buttons of his black shirt had come undone, exposing his chest, and he'd rolled up his sleeves at some point.

Sarah could see a black leather necklace with a guitar pendant that rested on his chest. She wondered how it would feel to rest her hands on that chest instead and she couldn't help but lick her lips. With this kind of charm, it wasn't surprising why so many women wanted to have him.

She snapped out of her thoughts and snatched the wine glass from Robert's hand. "Young master Chen, are you done?"

Robert let go of the glass and grabbed her wrist instead. "Why are you so anxious?" he asked and yanked her towards him. This caught Sarah unaware and she fell right on top of him. He wrapped his hand around her waist and whispered into her ear, "It's rare for me to be so happy. Why do you want to ruin my mood? Hmm?"

"You..." Sarah struggled out of his embrace but she underestimated his strength. He wrestled and turned her around to the bottom, swapping their positions. He lowered his head, looking like he wanted to kiss her, and tightened his grip, blocking her escape route. Sarah turned her face to the side and a peck landed on her cheek. She signaled Henry for help.

Henry did not move. He only looked at the helplessness in her eyes with a smile. He raised his hand, intending to call the waiter and foot the bill.

Sarah would have pushed Robert aside but a part of her hoped that Henry would get into action and save the damsel in distress. She was getting more and more frustrated with Robert raining kisses all over her face. She gritted her teeth and yelled at Henry, "Give me a hand here!"

Henry's hand froze midair at her outburst. He lowered his hand and leaned back on the sofa. "Are you sure you want me to help you?" His voice was low and deep but it sounded distant.

"Tsk, forget I asked." She glared at Henry before jabbing Robert's stomach with her elbow. He groaned and rolled over, setting her free. "That's more like it," Sarah said as she sat up and smoothened the creases on her shirt.

Henry settled the bill and helped the drunk Robert up. Henry could still stand up pretty well even after drinking that much; it gave people the illusion that alcohol had no effect on him. Robert could barely stand up. Henry threw Robert's arm over his shoulder and glanced at Sarah. "Help me bring him to the parking lot."

  One tall man and one short girl helped another tall man into the car. When they arrived at his apartment, Henry helped him to his bedroom while Sarah went to the kitchen to get some water.

Sarah found Henry walking out of the bedroom after tucking Robert into bed. She intended to help him take the water and couldn't understand why Henry stopped her. "Don't you want him to drink some water first? I bet he's thirsty from drinking that much."

Henry took the glass from her hands and placed it on the bedside table. "He's sleeping. He'll drink it tomorrow when he wakes up." The idea of Sarah and Robert close to each other did not sit right with him. He gave her a bland look. "I'll take you home."

Henry's voice was always calm and seductive. That voice was enough to make her comply with his arrangements. Sarah didn't seem to get enough of that voice. A man like him was like poison; he didn't need to say or do anything. Him standing there was enough to break the defenses in a woman's heart. Sarah was afraid she might fall for his charm.

Soon, a black SUV drove out of the basement parking and joined the busy streets of Zaida City. There were no traffic jams at this hour and the bright street lamps illuminated the highway. The man beside her looked even more handsome in the dim light inside the car. Sarah would sneak glances at him from time to time.

Henry rolled down the window and rested one elbow on the window while the other hand held the steering wheel. A cool breeze blew into the car and he narrowed his eyes slightly as if thinking about something, his attention focused on the road. Only when he stopped at the red lights, did he shift his attention to Sarah.

"I've noticed something." He bit his bottom lip but his expression did not change. "You're always hesitant to speak when you are with me." At first, he thought it was normal, but after witnessing her interaction with Robert, he realized something was off. "If you have something to say, say it. Why do you have to be so scared?"

Sarah scratched the back of her neck and fixed her eyes on the roof. "Umm... my ex's wedding is on Friday." Nervous laughter escaped her lips. "I was wondering if... you could accompany me?"

Henry frowned. He did not like how Sarah deliberately hid her true self in front of him. This fact bothered him and he felt uncomfortable in his heart. He was so close to her, but it felt like a great chasm separated them.

Sarah misunderstood his frown. She lowered her head to hide the doubts and anticipations radiating from her eyes. She almost opened her mouth for a moment, but in the end, she swallowed her words again. Yes, why would he accompany her? She'd spend too much time with him that she had forgotten that they were originally from two different worlds and such events did not match his status.