Chapter 6: How Are You Different From Her?

Sarah tidied her luggage and tucked the stray hair on her face behind her ears. She raised her chin slightly and fixed her eyes on Brandon's face, while the smile on her face never faded. She said in a clear voice, "Brandon. I, as a woman, don't want you. As for the precious coffee beans I just gave you, consider it a break-up gift."

She turned to Clara and pointed at Brandon. "Is this what you want so badly?  Do you love him so much that you don't mind snatching him from someone else? Fine, since you like second-hand goods so much,  I'll gift this man to you. That necklace I gave you is the witness to our promises to each other back then."

She glanced at her favourite sofa one last time and found it an eyesore. It felt dirty and tainted. Everything she once loved in this house disgusted her, just like all her dad's things disgusted her. She picked up her suitcase and headed to the door.  Thank heavens she had all her necessities in the bag and didn't need to stay a second longer in this filthy house.

"Sarah!" Brandon called out as he chased after her and grabbed her wrist. He would never have thought that Sarah would react this way. He had seen her amicable expressions and assumed she wouldn't take it to heart. "I'm only playing around with that woman. Don't take it seriously."

She shook off his hand and turned to face him. "Playing around to the point of sleeping on our bed," She sneered. "I don't care how much you play around but I don't want a man who plays around. I'm really picky and I like my goods that belong solely to me."

Brandon's expression changed. "Sarah, don't throw a tantrum alright, it was Clara who threw herself at me. She is just a side woman and cannot be compared to you." As he said this, Clara's expression turned ugly and every word pieced her heart but she endured it. After all, Brandon will be hers fully after Sarah leaves.

Sarah laughed at this pathetic excuse. "She threw herself at you and you welcomed her with open arms. How are you different from her?" She glanced at Clara who was having a hard time maintaining her expressions and her lips curled into a smile. I must let you know your worth. "Brandon, what makes you think you still deserve me?"

"Sarah, it's you who doesn't deserve Brandon," Clara said. Brandon glared at her and moved closer to Sarah. He distanced himself as if proving a point. This woman is adding fuel to the flames. Can't she see I'm trying to get out of this sticky mess?

Sarah looked at the two like a pair of idiots as she maintained her calm demeanor. "I think you two are fated to be a pair. Don't come closer to me; your bad vibes might rub off Me."

she dropped her luggage and walked towards the window. She picked up her two potted plants and said to the remaining flowers, "Mommy is gone now. Please forgive me; I won't be able to accompany you anymore. I hope the next person will take good care of you." She took a deep breath, walked back, and picked up her bags, ready to leave.

His heart sank when he realized that Sarah couldn't be persuaded. He never thought that she would be this decisive when it came to him. He was betting on her affection for him and was confident that she wouldn't leave. He miscalculated. Yes, she must be pretending, otherwise how can she bear to leave me so easily? She should be happy with the privilege of being my wife.

With this newfound confidence he said, "Sarah, don't always think that I will tolerate your tantrums. If you leave today, don't ever think of coming back."

Sarah glanced at him with ridicule written all over her face. She tossed her hair out of her face, headed towards the lift, and pushed the down button. As she waited for the door to open, she turned to look at Brandon and said, "Today, once I leave, I will never come back even if you beg me on your knees." With that, she got into the lift and left without turning back.

As soon as she got out, she managed to get a taxi. This can be considered good luck for her since taxis do not frequent this place. It could be the universe conspiring to help her.  She did not have the confidence to remain calm when facing that pair. She did not want to waste her time anymore listening to his self-righteous talk. That was all nauseating. She got into the taxi as fast as possible and the driver helped her get her bags into the trunk.

"Wait..." Finally, Brandon emerged from the main door at the right moment when Sarah closed the taxi door. There was a glimmer of hope in his heart as he hoped he could calm her down. He did not want things to escalate to the point where he couldn't be saved.  He tried running after her but Sarah noticed this.

"Hey driver, let's get out of here."

The driver took in the signal and did as told. Brandon only managed to touch the edge of the car before the car sped off. He remained standing there as he watched the car drive further and further away from him until it turned into a black dot. Anxiety crept into his heart for the first time. He stood there for a long time staring in the direction where the car disappeared.

A slender arm snaking around his waist jolted him back to the present. He looked at Clara's beautiful face and he calmed down a little. He suddenly remembered that when a woman loves you too much, she is prone to jealousy and will act differently from their usual self.  Yes, that's right.  Sarah was just jealous. His lips slightly curved upwards as he thought of this and all the anxiety in his dissipated slightly.

"What are you so sad about?" Clara looked back at him with a comforting smile on her face. "Even if she left, you still have Me." she tightened her hold around him and whispered, "I am not as heartless as her. I won't leave you."

He hugged her tighter and smiled. "You are the best. We can have some fun while she takes her time to throw her tantrums. She will soon realize the world doesn't revolve around her."  She will come back eventually when reality dawns on her. Every man will have a few women out there for fun and that is a reality she should get used to sooner.

Clara pretended to be courteous but couldn't hide the glee in her heart. Well done Sarah, watch how I snatch your man right under your nose. 'Brandon belongs to me from now on, and you will be completely out of the picture. It is my turn to enjoy the life of an upper-class young lady.'

They both returned to their apartment and threw the matter out the window. They might as well take this opportunity to finish what they started. There was no use crying over spilled milk, right?