Chapter 165 - Breaking (4)

Comincia dall'inizio

“Well, but you would have indirectly hinted at it with your personality. I feel somewhat sorry now. I should have noticed sooner; guess I still have a long way to go.”

By now, Woojin realized. He didn’t know how it all came about, but the source of the misunderstanding was because of that old grandpa. It was awkward to even ask about the process. Moreover, Choi Sung-gun seemed to be confirming something with Woojin’s responses just now.

‘Ah, whatever. Pretending to be tough suits the concept better here. Just go along with it, after all, the Academy Awards or whatever it’s a long way off anyway.’

Well, what’s wrong with having a grand goal for once? It’s just a misunderstanding anyway. As usual, Woojin chose to go straight forward without looking back, gracefully accepting the ambiguous misunderstanding and confusion. Correcting it seemed pointless and bothersome.

“It’s okay, it was just my own thought.”

Watching Woojin calmly respond, Choi Sung-gun scratched the back of his head.

“Let’s just keep this matter between you and me. Director Ahn Ga-bok won’t talk about it anywhere, he wouldn’t have gotten to his position if he was loose-lipped.”

“Yes, CEO~nim.”

“Anyway, phew- if that was your plan all along, you would know, but with your current status, the Academy Awards are difficult. It’s a different league compared to debuting in Japan. No, it might as well be a different planet.”

“…I know.”

“Yeah, well, since you’re a professional, I guess there’s no need to explain about the Academy Awards.”

No, I desperately need it. But Choi Sung-gun had no way of knowing Woojin’s true feelings.

“You might be thinking about designing your resume, but honestly, there’s nothing like Cannes for making a splash in Hollywood in a short period. The other route is auditioning in Hollywood, which is harder than finding a needle in a haystack, just look at Ha Yu-ra spinning around and then returning to Korea for the answer.”

“……”

“Starting from the bottom is also a problem. It will take at least 3 years. On the other hand, using Cannes as a stepping stone can pave a shortcut. Of course, achieving something in Cannes is extremely tough.”

Woojin silently stored the new information he heard in his mind. So, it’s like opting for chicken when you can’t have pheasant? He roughly understood the system. In the meantime, Choi Sung-gun asked Woojin.

“Do you have a different route in mind? Or… do you have connections in Hollywood?”

Not at all. He had only seen America on TV; what could he possibly have in Hollywood? However, he couldn’t just say that, so Woojin beat around the bush.

“What makes you think so?”

“Um- First off, Director Ahn Ga-bok has offered himself as that stepping stone. It’s like he’s clinging to you. He called me personally yesterday to request a meeting. He wants to meet in person and hand over the script.”

“Is that so?”

“Yeah. Honestly, it’s the first time Director Ahn Ga-bok has moved like this. He said he needs you, mentioned something about sign language, so it seems like this project might include a sign language scene.”

Sign language? Woojin inwardly tilted his head when Choi Sung-gun continued.

“Of course, if you don’t like Director Ahn Ga-bok, you can gently refuse. No matter what anyone says, I’m on your side. But if you’re too blatant about it, that’s another story; we’ll need to strategize. However, the film company or other organizations involved with Director Ahn Ga-bok are experts in the international field. They’re top-notch in terms of experience and achievements domestically.”