Chapter 164 - Breaking (3)

En başından başla

“···Editor-nim. Are you backing out now??”

“Yes.”

“Why! Why drag it out for no reason?”

“If you push this and it turns out to be baseless, are you going to take full responsibility if they sue us?”

“What’s there to sue for??”

The editor sighed softly.

“Listen well, touching Kang Woojin right now requires a certain readiness. It’s not going to end with just a slap on the wrist.”

“Huh??”

“List the big names associated with Kang Woojin.”

“Ah.”

“Drama, film, variety show, star writers, even Japan. You know that the main investor for ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’ is Japan’s conglomerate ‘Kashiwa Group’, right?”

“······”

“Those are heavyweights that a typical newcomer couldn’t even dream of, but whatever it is, Kang Woojin’s surroundings are swarming with such people. In other words, you need to be ready to touch all those heavyweights.”

“But it’s not a scandal.”

“What’s the point in creating unnecessary trouble?”

The female reporter understood the editor’s feelings. Then, the editor rose from his seat smoothly. His protruding belly was notable.

“If that case you mentioned is 100% true, there’s no problem. But if it turns out to be a rumor or hearsay, it’s a problem. Yet, it’s too good a topic to drop.”

He mumbled and then stood right in front of the female reporter, speaking in a low voice.

“So, check again, and then it’s not too late to turn the entertainment companies upside down.”

The same day, around lunchtime, at the ‘Mxdonald’ commercial shooting site.

Kang Woojin was still battling with a hamburger. The shoot that started in the morning was still ongoing. According to the shooting schedule, it looked like it would only end around the afternoon.

“Woojin-ssi! Can you make it look like lightning strikes in your eyes when you eat the hamburger??”

“Lightning? Yes, I’ll give it a try.”

“Okay! Let’s go again with feeling!”

Among Woojin’s team of a dozen or so members, Choi Sung-gun, with a very serious expression, stood out. Watching Kang Woojin quietly with his arms crossed, Choi Sung-gun, who was retying his ponytail, muttered to himself.

“A stepping stone? That Director Ahn Ga-bok?”

Choi Sung-gun’s mind was filled with thoughts of Director Ahn Ga-bok, especially the phone conversation they had earlier that morning. It was clear that the topics discussed were not light.

Then, Choi Sung-gun.

“Hmm-”

He recalled an important part of the conversation with Director Ahn Ga-bok. It started with the elderly voice of Director Ahn over the phone.

“I think you would have noticed by now. For my 100th film, I need actor Kang Woojin. You might have heard rumors, but I plan to challenge for the Cannes Film Festival with this movie.”

Though Choi Sung-gun had already finished his investigations, he hadn’t acted openly. Just pretended to be slightly surprised.

“Ah- Is that so? I was planning to meet you after the overseas location shooting anyway, so I will pass the message to Woojin and then arrange a time. But, Director-nim, may I ask you something?”