Amelia stood in front of Grace, calmly looking straight at the couple.

She looked delicate and weak, but the expression in her eyes revealed extreme caution.

Both Baird and Jocelyn were educated intellectuals who would not use force, but they would use psychological tactics.

"Ms. Garcia, now that the issue of Aaron and Skender's combined burial has been completed, it's time to talk about Grace's custody."

Baird raised his hand and made a gentleman's gesture toward the rest area outside the cemetery.

"If you're not in a hurry, let's go over there, sit down and have a chat?"

Just as Amelia was about to reply, a cold voice came from the crowd...

"What are you going to talk about?"

With his slender legs, James walked to Amelia with steady steps, then turned to face Baird.

He wore gold-rimmed glasses and looked quite civilized, but his unsmiling eyes were filled with frost.

Baird never had direct contact with James, only saw him a few times in the financial news, and it was the first time they met.

After a moment of surprise, he carefully sized up James in front of him from head to toe.

"You do look a little like your father."

However, James' noble temperament seemed even colder than his father's.

Although Baird was far abroad, he knew more about his competitor's exploits than anyone else.

Baird knew that despite his young age, James had already expanded the Evans Group's business territory to the whole world and was ahead of other prominent families in wealth.

He also knew that James was even more ruthless than his father.

He was extremely cruel, so to speak, he never gave his opponents a chance to survive.

However, this man who dominated the business world actually married an orphan with no background or status. Baird could not understand it no matter how hard he tried.

Baird speculated that perhaps James was as infatuated as Aaron.

In other words, it's stubbornness, once they fell for a woman, they stuck to it and refused to let go.

It was actually because they were too strictly controlled and lacked emotional experiences during their childhood.

He felt that if James had experienced a lot, James would not have glued himself to just one woman.

With that in mind, Baird thought he had figured out James' temperament, so he assumed the stance of an elder and raised his chin proudly.

"Mr. Evans, since you will be marrying Ms. Garcia, you can also be considered Grace's uncle. You have the right to participate in her custody matter. If you don't mind, let's move to the rest area and discuss this in detail."

It's already a huge favor given by Baird to ask James to discuss Grace's custody, after all, James was his enemy's son.

As a younger generation, James should have taken a step back and, due to a sense of guilt, called Baird "Uncle".

However...

James did not even look at Baird, just said in a cold voice, "Go talk to my lawyer."

Then he turned sideways to Amelia and said, "Is everything all set?"

Amelia looked down at Grace, "Is there anything else you'd like to say to Mom and Dad?"

Grace knew that the middle-aged couple wanted to take her away, so she quickly shook her head.