Chapter 53: Holding On, and Letting Go

Song Credits: Kate Alexa - I Let Go

Italic - Importance/Text //// Bold - Emphasis/Phone Call //// ' ' - Thoughts //// ( ) - Memory

Seek tries mending his broken friendship with Figure, but to no avail. However can Skyelle convince the two to become friends again?

___________________________

And together we open the two large doors to Room 50...

My eyes drift around, worried. Seek has his hand holding mine, and I love how he cared about what was going on with me.

I look up at him. His eye was trained on me. Waiting for me to follow his lead. However someone ruins the moment. I almost scream from seeing Figure turn the corner.

Seek thankfully covers my mouth, stopping me from screaming. My heart thumps in my chest. His eye stays on Figure, watching for what he does.

Obviously the entity noticed the two new presences in his library. "Who's there?" I squeak, grabbing onto my beloved's arm for comfort.

Seek speaks up. "Figure, it's me." The giant entity growls. "Oh, if it isn't the entity that chose to stay with a human."

My eyes close. Tears wanted out. With a small voice, I say, "Whatever happened before, I can't exactly remember anything. I have... memory loss. So please don't kill me."

However Figure speaks with an condescending tone, "Really? Then how'd you remember Seek here?" My beloved holds me close, rubbing my belly gently. The baby wasn't kicking, probably was scared as I was.

The entity wasn't taking silence for an answer. "Why won't you speak up? You were always so bold speaking to Seek, but aren't with me?"

My boyfriend growls. "Well she's clearly still confident enough to stand before you." 

Then he sighs, voice sounding like he was wanting to kill me. "Why are you two here then? To rub it in that you are his friend now?"

Seek then speaks up, trying not to piss him off. "I wanted to apologize to you. I know that the last time we were together didn't go well. And I just couldn't leave Skyelle to die."

His eye was tearing up. I knew that this wasn't going well. But I wasn't giving up that easily.

I finally manage out, "I'm sorry for breaking your friendship with each other. But can't you tell that Seek still worries about it? He seemed sad when we came here."

The taller entity before me looked almost... sad. It was hard to tell without having any eyes present on his face. But I knew that my words somehow got to him.

Yes, of course you'd be unhappy if your best friend forever chose to leave you behind. But like he said, he had no choice. I could've died if we hadn't left in time.

The pit in my stomach hurt. I really did mess up whatever friendship that they had. Seek grabs my hand. "Fine, we'll leave. You just won't accept my choices to stay with her."

Turning to leave, Figure calls out. "Wait, Seek. You were always there for me, so why can't I be there for you? I'm happy that you found someone who loves you. I just was betrayed, but now I know you did what was best."

That made us stop. Turning some, he asks, "What?" The entity the comes up to us, making me step back some. He hugs Seek, making his eye water.

My eyes tear up too. They split from the hug. My beloved demon was still crying. He really was sad to have lost his only friend, but now it was going to be okay. They would be okay.

At least he didn't hold any grudges against Seek. I felt like he was angry for sometime. But having recognized that Seek felt more happier with me around, made him realize that our relationship made him feel happy and as well completed.

And having him as his friend again made me think of Farah. She tried her best not to make me push her away again. After she told me what happened that one night, I was indeed distant from her.

However our friendship still mattered. I didn't want the past to keep me from making any friends, grudges or not. And I could tell that Figure felt the same.

 ___________________________

(Seek's POV)

He wasn't listening. I was trying my hardest to make up with my old friend. I know that I abandoned him to save my Inkrose, but shouldn't friends be supportive of the other's choices?

However Skyelle talks to him, and I could tell that Figure felt bad for pushing me away. He hugs me, making me surprised.

I just accept it, and my eye starts crying. Splitting from the hug, I wipe my eye off. It was nice that he had stopped feeling angry over time.

And since she was here, I felt more than thankful that she had convinced him to let go of the past. Especially when he was my only friend in this hotel.

Until I had met Skyelle, the other thing that I needed most was love to complete me. She was my other half. It was fate that brought us together...

___________________________

Eventually we just sit around, and I sit in my beloved's lap, letting him give me kisses. My baby kicks for once since coming here. Feeling like I could trust him, I ask Figure to come over.

"C'mere, want to feel them?" Seek nods, approving. His claw carefully placed itself on my stomach, the baby kicking again.

Seek smiles down at me, with me watching his friend feel the little kicks. "Is that...?" Seek nods. "Yeah, I'm going to be a father soon." 

Figure still seems in shock. It must be life changing to find out that his lifetime best friend was having a family months later. 

The entity then hugs us both, making me laugh out, patting his arm. Getting out of the hug he says, "I'm so proud of you two. I can't believe that I got in the way of you two having a family." 

He sighs. "I feel awful..." My partner speaks up, "No you didn't. I just went with her, and I knew that you'd try to kill us if we stayed behind." 

I wanted to know what he was taking about. My brain damage really messed me up. However it was best not to think about it. Why hold onto the past, when I can just let go and live happily?