Chapter 17: Make Me a Promise

Song Credits: Culture Code - Make a Promise (feat. Elle Vee)

Italic - Texting //// Bold - Phone Call //// ' ' - Thoughts //// ( ) - Memory

______________________________

I was laying on my side, just staring at my beloved as he was sleeping. You would think that it was creepy to stare, but I don't think he would care much about it.

Besides, Seek looked so peaceful asleep. I just wish that he was always this calm all of the time. I sigh quietly, turning over some.

'I just want us both free from this cursed hotel. Seek deserves to live a free happy life, and make his own decisions in life too.'

Laying there in the silence was serene, and it felt like forever until my darling woke up.

I hear groaning as he wakes up, spotting me up already. I feel his arm sneak around my waist, dragging me to his body.

I squeak out, and manage to turn to face him.

"Hello there pretty girl. I love you, you know that?" 

I smile, trying to hide my blush on my face from the one eyed entity known as my boyfriend. Compliments from him were nice to hear, especially when he's giving me that look. 

I sigh happily when he kisses my head, groaning out when he squeezes my ass with his claws. I open an eye.

"Are you attempting to have you know what with me again? Because if so..."

His eye looks me over, some sort of hunger evident. "Are you saying that you want more? Because I won't turn that down love, you know that."

I shake my head, or at least attempt to. "No thank you, sorry. But we have a mission remember? We were going to find an exit in here, and escape together."

He sighs. "Right. But I'm just scared that someone will see me. I'm not exactly a human being... But for you, I'll try to stay by your side forever, okay?"

I reach for and kiss his hand, looking up at hum. "Good, because I can't live without you either. But let's at least make a promise. I won't leave you, no matter what happens to us."

Seek looks me in the eyes, taking my hands with his, one clawed hand playing with my hair.

"And I promise not to leave your side, or hurt you either. Even if it seems impossible, I will make sure that no-one says anything against our relationship, because they won't..."

We hug tightly, my arm squished against his torso, but I don't mind as long as we share a lovely moment with the other one, the love clear in our eyes.

If only I could read the future...

______________________________

We were walking beside each other, hands intertwined with each other. After our little moment awhile ago, I decided that we would start moving soon, my excitement to leave obvious.

However we had some... Minor issues, dare I say. Rush and occasionally Ambush came along, leading me and Seek squishing to fit in a closet together.

It was worrisome, his friends weren't too happy to find out that he chose to be with me, so now we were both being hunted down by the hotel's entities.

I look up, seeing clear distress upon his face. It seemed to really get at him, knowing that his friends now hated him.

"There, there. I'm here for you love, don't be afraid of anything here, okay? For me?" He looks down, obviously worried of everything right now.

Feeling arms around my person, I lean into his arms when he picks me up bridal style, my arms around his neck, careful to let him see where he was going.

Seek holds my chin in his clawed hand, "I love you. What'd I do to deserve you?"

I jokingly answer back. "You saved me, multiple times before. Oh, and ran into my life, literally..." We both laugh at it, knowing we wouldn't be anywhere without the other person.

Seek smiles with his singular eye, "You're right, I did do that. But before I was against you, having no intentions on falling in love with you, I swear. However, I have no complaints about that."

I lay my head on his shoulder, smelling that familiar scent that I loved breathing in all of the time. Knowing that it wasn't exactly my intentions either, nonetheless, at least we now have each other in here.

______________________________

I feel sleepy, so Seek lets me nap in his arms, him carrying me still. I whisper out.

"I'm glad that we met. You mean the world to me. I can't be away from you, the loneliness would kill me. At least you're here, otherwise I'd never know what to do..."

I close my tired eyes, hearing a hushed 'I love you' back, aware that my partner had my back, until the end of time.

And new promises were made, and neither one of us intended on breaking them, which not a lot of people would do the same thing for their lover. 

But I didn't expect less from my beloved demon, Seek, and not in a million years will my thoughts on it change or differ from what they were today...