Chapter 10: The Foundations between Us

Song Credits: MitiS - Foundations (feat. Adara)

Italic - Importance/Text //// Bold - Emphasis/Phone Call //// ' ' - Thoughts //// ( ) - Memory

___________________________

We were just walking side by side, the silence between us was heavy. I look up at Seek, careful to not get caught staring. He looked focused at the moment, but by goodness did he look, almost... Handsome when looking forward.

'Ugh, am I really thinking like that? I never paid any attention to boys in my whole life, even when my old friends wanted me to care, I never did. So what's so different about the demon next to me?'

His arm gets in my way, pushing me aside. "Hey! What was that for?" I gasp when he points at something coming.

His eye narrows. "Rush, and he doesn't look happy. Hurry, get into the closet!" He opens the wardrobe, making me get inside it, and I ask,

"Why aren't you getting in too? Are you not worried about them getting you? For helping me?" He looks behind himself, making eye contact with me.

"Fine. Scoot over so I can fit." He gets in, closing the door, and we watch quietly as the grey, smiling entity zooms by, letting us get out when he's gone.

"That was a close one. Here." He extends his hand to me, and I take it, quickly letting go when I stand up.

"Thanks."

He nods, and we continue walking forward, pretending that we weren't just cramped together in a small closet.

'Hhm, why'd he warn me about Rush coming? Why won't he just let me die, he can go back to his room, and not even care about the human he wanted to help that died. Is there something going on with him? Naw, I'm probably overthinking it again...'

I peek a look at him again, making sure not to be obvious about it.

His one eye focused on where he was going, he looked determined to help me escape, but is he really doing this because he cares, or is there another motive behind this?

'Nope. I really am overthinking this.'

___________________________

Seek leads me through the next few rooms, both of us looting drawers for anything useful. I jump back when I see that damn spider again. What was his name though?

Seek groans out of frustration. He picks it up by the web. 

(He's holding him like this:)

"Goddamn it, Timothy. Why are you messing with us?"

What I didn't expect was the spider had a voice as well, nor hearing it respond to him.