Chapter 22: I Did It All For Love...

Song Credits: Laura Brehm - The Dawn is Still Dark

Italic - Texting //// Bold - Phone Call //// ' ' - Thoughts //// ( ) - Memory

(TW: Possible Suicide Mention)

"Never do things for someone because you're afraid to lose them. Do it because you can, and because you love them."

___________________________

(Seek's POV)

I was sitting with her in my lap in the Electrical Room

I was sitting with her in my lap in the Electrical Room. Skyelle was still bleeding excessively out, which worried me.

"It's fine... Go home, I'm not important to stay with. But at least we confessed our deep love for each other, right?" She coughs somemore.

I hug her closer. "No, please, you matter to me still as much as always. I'm not leaving you to die here. I'll.. Find my parents, they'll be able to save you..."

___________________________

I sigh out. "Please, they won't like it that you fell for a human. Just, what if they leave me for dead? Then what? It'll all be a waste of time to even go through."

He kisses my head. "But, it won't hurt to try, right?"

I wish that he was right. Although it wouldn't be easy to accomplish, I'd still want to hold onto that hope of living with my beloved by my side.

___________________________

(Seek's POV)

Carrying Skyler, I was taking us to my parents' home. I knew that they were the only ones to help save my Inkrose, even though they'd hate that I love a human as much as I do.

I knock on their door. My dad answers. 

"Hello son, what are you here fo-" He looks over Skyelle, then turns to me. "Seriously?"

___________________________

With my dad's consent, I sit her on the couch, kissing her cheek. She holds on for a minute. "Hey, I love you, you know that?"

She smiles. "I do."

My mom enters the room. "Seek! Hello, how is my child doing? Oh." She glares at Skyler, making her cling onto my arm. I sigh out.

"Mom, dad, this is my girlfriend, Skyelle. Skyelle, my parents." They look at each other, angry at what I said.

"Girlfriend? I thought you'd fall in live with a demon, not a waste of time here..." Mom looks pissed.

"Yes, we're disappointed in you son... We thought you'd choose different." I lash out. "Well, I'm sorry that she's bleeding out here. If you want, we'll leave now..."