Chapter 35: It's Your Fault

Song Credits: Excision & Slander - Your Fault (feat. Elle Vee)

Italic - Importance/Texting //// Bold - Emphasis/Texting //// ' ' - Thoughts //// ( ) - Memory

(Warning: There will be some sad topics in this chapter. You can go ahead and skip if you're not into reading it.)

___________________________

(Seek's POV)

I needed to find her right away. I was scared of someone hurting her, her body wasn't able to take anymore, and she was still important to me.

I use my phone to see where she was at. I was worried that it wouldn't work until I see a dot pop up. However she was in the dangerous side of town.

Rushing there, I use my portal. I come outside to a deserted abandoned building. I look around every corner, until I hear it.

The ragged breathing of someone scared. Turning the corner, I see someone hunched over on their legs. My guard was up.

Then I hear the heartbeat getting weaker. They seemed to be bashing their skull into the brick wall. The person sounded like they were laughing.

I was surprised to see who it was. Skyelle looked like she was on the brink of insanity. My scared eye stared as she kept mumbling crazy things.

"No-one will care if I'm dead. Maybe, just maybe I can make myself end up dying, as if anybody even loved me." The blood coming out of her head made me even more terrified.

And then she screams in pain, making me get closer, worried for her safety. Her arms cling onto the ground, letting out another blood curdling scream of pain.

She was dying, and slowly. I run over to her, putting a hand on her shoulder. She turns, wide eyed to see me there. She turns away.

"What do you want? I'm killing myself, and you won't stop me. You were happier without me, clearly I wasn't enough..." She then proceeds to scream in pain again.

She falls, letting me catch her. She pounds on my chest. "Go away! I hate you! I hate you!" Skyelle then breathes heavily. 

I whisper, "I'm so sorry. You're probably so done with the excuses. And I know you might die, but I love you, okay?"

Her face gets close to mine. I lean in, and kiss her like I'll never see her again. She tries to push me away, but gives in.

I lean her against the wall, still kissing her deeply. She whines as I lay towards her. She looked so beautiful, and she was making such wonderful noises for me.

Skyelle then gasps, and then falls into my arms. I was shocked as she makes eye contact with me, her blue eyes looking lifeless.

She fell so gently, and it felt like forever until I react to it.

"No! I'm not losing you again! Please, stay with me..." Her heartbeat was weaker. I was already too late. However I wasn't giving up.

 ___________________________

I burst the door open. I scream out, holding my beloved in my arms. "Help! I need a doctor!" Doctors come running at me, carefully taking her from me.

They needed to get her into surgery, and now. I was sitting in her hospital bed, worried for her safety. She was near dead too.

A nurse comes in, telling me that she was lucky. "You're lucky that you found her when you did. She was rushed right away into surgery. What you did was very brave..."

She leaves telling me she'll be out soon. I just wanted her in my arms again, and feel her warmth radiate off of her.

Her dog was surprised to see me, and came over for pets. Screech wakes up too, confused on why I was here.

"She... I found her, and thankfully she'll be okay. She was dying out there, and I blame myself..." He looks up at me, patting my leg.

"Hey, at least she'll be alive, right?" I nod, too traumatized from the night. Skyelle is lucky that I saved her, so why was I concerned for the aftermath? 

___________________________

Finally hours later, she was wheeled into the room by the same nurse. They seemed like good friends. She was acting all childishly like nothing happened.

She whispers to me what happened earlier. 

"She.. She is fine. Slight brain damage was done, as her muscles were torn. She might have slight amnesia for a while, and she'll need help remembering some things..." I look sad.

She pats my shoulder. "Hey, she'll recover in time. For now, be patient with her, okay?"

We get left alone, and Skyelle notices me. She wobbles over to me, hugging me close. "Hi Seeky, I missed you. Are you okay?" She looks genuinely concerned.

I nod, hugging her on my lap. She snuggles into me. Acting like we weren't broken apart before, I kiss her neck. She then wraps her arms around my waist.

"I love you." I respond back, happy eyed. "Love you too..." 

___________________________

I hugged her from behind, keeping my head on hers'. Skyelle snored and it was adorable how much she acted like a needy child now.

However it felt wrong to let it all go. I was scared that once she remembers, she'll leave me behind again, not even talking to me once.

Screech talks quietly to me. "You good? I mean she lost her memories, so what if she might hate you after getting them back?" I agree back.

"That's what I'm scared of. She's important to me, which reminds me that I should probably break up with Light tomorrow. I don't want Skyler getting jealous anymore than before..."

He nods, leaving us to be alone. Skyelle turns at some point, hugging me close. She was my everything in this world.

She almost died out there, hadn't I saved her in time...

I was fearful of the day that her memories will come back. Maybe if I had hope, she'll forget it. The day we broke up, and when I slashed her now bandaged cheek.

I was so angry, but knew it was better not to even mention it to her. Her friend, speaking of her, probably was also worried for her too.

Her sides move with her breathing, and the way her body shaped after months in a hospital bed, it was concerning to see her so skinny like that.

Nonetheless, she was so beautiful and sassy, and was the perfect one for me, and now I regret leaving her more than anything...