Chapter 23: To Need and Be Loved

Song Credits: ARMNHMR - U & Me (feat. HALIENE)

Italic - Texting //// Bold - Phone Call //// ' ' - Thoughts //// ( ) - Memory

___________________________

Healing for me was slow, and it hurt to move around a lot. Seek said it might take a bit for my body to heal completely, leaving some scars behind.

I wasn't worried about how long it would take for me to heal (okay, I lied, I am.) But how my body will look somewhat different.

But I knew he wouldn't love me any less. 

Bathing hurt. The water would burn my sides, making me bend over in pain, clutching my side while I felt like I was on fire.

Seek carefully wrapped my injuries, making sure to mind his claws. And when I needed something, before even attempting to get up, he would get it for me.

While the assisting was nice, I really wanted to do things on my own again. However I knew that he didn't want it that way, he was just concerned for my health.

Then came Screech. While Seek didn't want anyone messing with me while healing, Screech would sneak inside to tell me funny stories about the other entities.

And when he wanted to sit by me, I patted the spot reassuringly, letting him know that it was fine. 

We were talking about the human world one night.

"So is there nice humans out there?" I nod. "Yeah, while some of them are mean, there are some nice ones. Like my aunt..."

Seek walks into the room, holding food for me. I smile when he comes over. "What is she like?"

I tilt my head, confused. "My aunt?"

He nods, sitting on the bed, picking me up to set me in his lap. He hugs me from behind, petting my hair. "Yeah, is she nice?"

I smile and look up at him. I then take out my phone, showing them images of my family. Well, not the now that is.

"My aunt is part of the reason why I'm here. If she didn't help me move out, I'd never meet you two..." I smile sadly. Sighing, "That's why she's amazing. And she told me coming here was for a reason, I used to not believe it, until..."

I hug his torso close, feeling heat emit from him. "I did find my purpose. You, are my everything. I can't live without you around."

I turn to the smaller entity. "And you. You make me laugh, and feel like a big sister sometimes, even though I'm an only child by birth."

I stop talking. I only hear the movement of living creatures, creatures that changed my whole life. That turned my world around. Knowing I wouldn't be here without them.

Seek kisses my head. "And you are my light. You already know that I was scared to lose you, again. But at least you're safe now..."

I snuggle closer to my beloved. I sigh out happily.

'Thanks aunt, I mean it. All because you helped me. And I met my soulmate here, I couldn't have done it without you...'

 ___________________________

We were watching YouTube right now. Another, yep you guessed it. An ItsFunneh video, cause why not?

Video Credits: ItsFunneh - Evil BABY Daycare in Roblox Brookhaven!

Until I get a call from Aunt. I pause the video. Seek and Screech look at me. 

"Uhm, can we please be in the camera?" Seek hits his head, I look mad at him. "No! We're not exactly humans!"

I sigh, pinching my nose. "Oh please, she knows that ghosts exist. A demon or two isn't that far off..."

Seek apologizes. "Sorry, love." I blink at him. "Not me, to Screech." He turns to him. "Sorry, for hitting you, buddy."

He waves it off. "I don't exactly feel pain, so yeah. But thanks, Seek." I smile at them. "Now that is done with, are you ready for me to answer the call?"

They nod. I smile back, accepting the call. I put it on speaker.

"Hi there Skyler. I've been worried for you. I've tried calling you a few times, but I guess you have bad Internet there."

I nod, even if it wasn't seen. "Yeah. Hey can I do a facetime? I have someone or two for you to meet. And please, don't judge me..."

She answers. "I'll never do that to you. You're my niece remember. Besides, we trust each other, right?"

I look at them again, turning to the phone in my hand. "Alrighty... I'll send the call."

___________________________

Seek looks nervous. "Are you sure that she won't hate me? I'm dating you, and I'm not a human like you." 

I smile, petting his head, making him purr contently. "I'm sure love. She'll love to meet her possible future nephew in law." Screech hugs my leg, I look down at him.

"It's okay buddy, she's okay. And we both love the... Other world creatures. I and her get along like that, okay?" 

He nods slowly. I finally pick up the call again. "Okay, sorry. I had to tell them something important real quick, but now it's good."

I finally see my aunt's face again. I may've started crying too. Seek hugs me from behind, hiding his beautiful eye in my hair.

"I've missed you dear. Your cousins too. They kept asking of how you are and where you went off to."

I smile. I turn the phone in his direction. She squints to see him well. I sigh. "Seek dear. We talked about this, she won't hurt you, ok?"

He flinches when I pet his head again. Aunt looks curious about who I was talking to. I nod and look at him. 

I take his clawed in mine, touching it reassuringly. 

Aunt asks me. "Who is that Skyler?" I smile back at her, a little nervous myself. "Uhm. C'mere..."

Seek gets into her view. She looks surprised, eyes wide at his face. She looks concerned when he ducks into my arm, hiding his face.

She looks shocked. "Is that. Is that a demon?"

I nod slowly. "Yes, he's my.. Boyfriend. Please be nice to him, he has trust issues..."

She nods, smiling some. She speaks to him, trying not to scare him. "Hi. I'm Skyelle's aunt. You.. You do make her happy, right?"

He peeks out, showing himself. Nodding slowly. "Yes, I do. She only deserves the best." Seek hugs my side, purring happily into me.

I smile lovestruck at him. Aunt looks happy. "I'm glad you've found your true love. Especially one so formal like that." He blushes bashfully. 

I pick up Screech, holding him like a baby in my arm. "And this is Screech, my best friend. He's like Seek in a way..."

He waves shyly, and hugs my neck with a tentacle. Still being shy with her. And I knew something that mattered.

'She actually likes them. Am I glad for a great aunt in my life. Especially one that cares about my well-being, too...'