Chapter 6: A Wistful Collection of a Memory

Song Credits: WRLD & Keepsake - Wishful Thinking

Italic - Importance/Text //// Bold - Emphasis/Phone Call //// ' ' - Thoughts //// ( ) - Memory

___________________________

I sigh as soon as I make it through the 40th door. Just a few seconds ago was I trapped under the one eyed entity, that was chasing me, and yet that somehow escaped the blue crucifixion chains I put upon it.

But I managed to get it off me. I hiss when I realized I, yes with the knowledge, that I was still bleeding out, and the fall I had taken didn't help with my many injuries. Infact, the fall might've just opened a few of them back up.

I groan some, repressing the pain to myself, and instead got a bit reminded and upset that I lost my backpack full of medical things, at some point hours ago.

Knowing I had no actual way of going back the way I came, I continue on, slightly limping onto the next door, Door 41.

Looting the drawers to see if I could find anything useful, I spot more coins (what's in here that would even need coins for?), another strange pill bottle of mysterious pills (I had five at this point, were they even important?). 

Hearing either Rush, or Ambush, I jump into the closet, and hear the lights breaking, and seeing the familiar face of the gray entity zoom right by.

Knowing I was for sure near the next room, I spot the door locked.

'Ah fuck, I need a key or lock pick for this...'

I look everywhere for that damn key, not expecting it to be in another room consisting of a bed and dresser next to it.

Opening the drawer, and silently cheering like a happy kid, I grab the key and unlock the door, walking inside the next room, me spotting two doors, meaning one must've been fake.

"Now, how do I know which one is real?"

I look behind me. Door 44. Reading the labels, Door 45 and the other one looked like it was going to eventually fall off the door. I chuckle quietly.

'That was easy, they didn't even try to hide the fact that the door was a fake one...'

Walking through door 45, I walk into a huge room consisting of many dressers, a few hiding spots and a huge, black pained-window.

Spotting lightning outside the window, surprised me, as it's been a hot minute since I saw any rain. I walk over to the window, and watch the rain fall into synchronized melody, hearing the faint tip-tap of rain droplets hitting on the glass, falling down.

I sigh and close my eyes for a mere minute, taking in the serene, calming sound of the water on the glass, hearing a few distant sounds of thunder in the background.

Counting the seconds between each clap, I remember a distant memory from my childhood...

(Memory)

I clearly remember it. I was coloring on my bed, in my childhood bedroom. I knew that the lightning was symbolizing the rain that was coming.

I was humming a kid tune, probably the theme song to my favorite childhood show. I was doing a coloring page of a unicorn, and the thunder made it's appearance.

The loud boom of it scared me, and I started to cry. Me being six years old at the time, I knew it was silly it be scared of such a thing, yet even though my parents were gone out, probably having dinner at a restaurant, my babysitter, my aunt was taking a nap on the downstairs couch, and it felt like I was alone there.

The loudest boom came, and I ran downstairs to wake my aunt. She woke up. "What's wrong?" 

I point nervously and scared out of my mind at the window. Another crackling boom happened, and she took notice of my fear.

Reaching out towards my smaller form, "Here. Here Skyler, nothing to be afraid of. You know it's harmless, no need to be upset. Here, I'll protect you from the scary monster..."

She then playfully tickles me, making me laugh out. She smiled, knowing that it helped me. 

I jumped up to hug her tightly, as if to silently thank her for calming me down. She chuckles and then lets me on the couch to nap with her, me immediately going to turn into a little ball and fall asleep with my aunt.

Eventually the rain did indeed stop, and my parents came home, and I was still sleeping peacefully on the family couch, my aunt had to go home soon, but left me to sleep there anyways, knowing it'd be best to leave me be...

(Memory Over)

The loud rumble of thunder got me out of my memory. I blink and take out my phone to check the time. It said 8 something in the evening, but knowing my phone didn't know the time here, seeing as it said the time for outside the hotel.

I sigh and look around while popping the tension in my back. I spot an old looking book on the floor by the door I came through.

Me being the curious person I was, and looking around to find nobody there. I walk over the book, surprised to see a romance novel.

Picking it up, a small paper falls out by my feet. Picking the note up, I read it, and it said something about Last read June 28th.

The date was months ago, signaling someone must've lost it here months ago. Even possibly way before my arrival here. I shake my head. 

'Who would've lost a book the size of a fairly large size? That's just sad...' 

I hear the lights breaking, and I grab the book up, put it inside of my shirt, and get inside the closet quickly. Rush comes rushing by my closet.

I swear it looked like it was searching for something, maybe something fairly large? Oh! It was looking for the book! It was looking to return the book to it's owner. Surprised, I actually hear a voice, rough and scratchy sounding come out of the entity.

"Where is it? He needs to give it back to Figure's library."

Who's Figure? Another entity? All I know that the thing was looking for his friend's book, and said he? Maybe the entities here each have pronouns and a gender?

'Like real people do outside the hotel...'

Rush leaves the room, letting me slip out of my hiding spot. I continue on, and see two grand doors right there in front of me.

Knowing as if something big was about to commence, I breathe in and out, calming my heartbeat. Closing my eyes, I hope that to the Gods that I don't die here, and opening my eyes again, I sigh and open the doors to see...