Chapter 3: The Desolate Hotel

Song Credits: 🌊 Desolate Situation | Royale High Cave Music | Diamond Beach 2021

Italic - Importance/Text //// Bold - Emphasis/Phone Call //// ' ' - Thoughts //// ( ) - Memory

___________________________

Somewhere, I finally get a text. Reading it as from Farah, I check the message carefully while keeping a hand on the wheel.

"Hey, Snowflake is doing great, and my niece and her son came to town, for a family party at my house. Wanna join? There's free food, and every year, my parents host a huge party at their house. And they said this time, I'm allowed to invite a few of my good friends."

Sweet, wait I had a family reunion in about, I don't know, three months later? In May, we always had an annoying, boring and long get together. I hated remembering that.

"Sure! See you when I get home, Farah!"

"Sweet, see you later as well..."

With that said and done, I play a song that was catchy and fun to listen to. Me being a fan of music and listening to good songs always made my day better, if not significantly a bit more chill for me.

______________________________

Google Maps tells me about a store coming up, which was reminding me to get some food for in case I get hungry, later on. Driving to the Wal-Mart, I get in the store, and came back out with a bag full of snacks, that I just purchased, and along with the next few meals for myself.

Back on said highway, I continue to drive. Soon I approach a treeline, trail into the woods. Weird place for a hotel of all things, but okay.

*Sigh* "Guess it's time to see if anything is in there or not, and head on and try to enter..."

Seemingly feeling as if I was being watched, looking around and confirming I was all alone.

'Weird... I swore something was watching me, but I'm all alone though...'

Although it felt like I saw a pair of white eyes staring out of the huge glass windows in front at me. (Window, dat you?)

However, I wanted to leave, as soon as I got here, yet some part of me knew that my destiny lied right behind those two heavy doors. 

Swallowing the fear I was feeling right now, I looked up and took a closer look at the building's design. It still surprised me how this place was somewhat talked about in newspapers, even though it looked more desolate, than in the pictures I saw.

However, no pictures were taken of the inside, just the outside. Whoever took those pictures, clearly didn't do anything in the building, and left those out, making me both curious and interested in what the inside looked like, even at all.

So, as I grip my backpack of medical things, snacks, water bottles and lockpick, I grab everything I needed, and begin to walk to the door. 

Knocking on the door, I slide it open, surprised on how the door was even unlocked, as if no-one tried to break in, nor enter the hotel. Closing the heavy door behind me, I turn and see an elevator on the other side of the room.

'Weird, it's like I'm on the ground floor, and the first floor seems to be at normal elevation...' Deciding to walk over there, I push the button, calling the elevator.

Checking if there was any signal, not even giving any questions that the WiFi bar said zero. 

'I'm used to it by now, usually I have to be outside for any Internet, if I really needed any at all.'

Sighing, the elevator finally comes, and I get inside it, looking one last time at the lobby. 

'Oh, well, time to go I guess...'

And with that, the elevator takes me up, ascending into the surrounding darkness of above...