Chapter 20 (edited)

It was February 28 and it's been 11 days since I was turned. Embry kinda changed on me. My birthday was coming quick and I didn't even have my fiancé there with me. Me and Carlisle trained everyday. He helped control my thirst and we even found out I could live as a human even though I wasn't anymore. Blood or food would keep me nurished and healthy. Keeping the thirst down was hard at first but i've managed it. Getting turned basically unlocked new powers of my luna part along with my telekinesis I found out I have electricity powers. Carlisle took me to meet Kate who had similar powers. I would look at someone and radiate electricity off my body to them while Kate could use her powers through her hands. I couldn't though which sucked. I also have this power of teleportation. It's not as cool as it sounds I could only move a few feet away from where I was originally standing but Carlisle said it could be useful. The cullens have been so welcoming to me and I really appreciate them. I just miss my pack. I don't feel placed with the cullens. I don't feel at home. I miss Embry like crazy but I think us talking and being long distance hurt him more than us not talking at all. I still talk to Paul and the rest of the pack but only through messages. Paul said Embrys doing horrible and apart of me still has a connection to the pack and I feel sad and empty and so does he. I wish I could go back in time and change all of this. Today was Bella's wedding and she decided the color scheme would be gold and green. Alice of course picked poofy short dresses for us to wear. Bella's dress was beautiful though so it was worth it. We were in the room getting Bella ready for her big day and it made me miss Embry. It was supposed to be me and him doing this and instead he hasn't talked to me. The pack hates the cullens for turning me besides Sam and Seth. They understand it was the best decision or I would've died.

"Weddings. They bring everyone together!!" Alice smiled widely
"Yea" I said softly
I was lost in my thoughts when I saw Bella's mom come in and look at Bella
"oh my gosh" she exclaimed "You're so beautiful!"
Bella smiled and looked down
"Oh honey" Bella's mom cried
"I'll be in my room if you need me" I said before heading to my room
I called Seth and sat down.
"Nova?" He said confused
"Seth. How's my brother doing?" I asked
"not well. He got the invite to Bella's wedding and freaked" He said
"shit. I was hoping he'd be okay" I said
"how is the transition going? You know you're really brave for going through with it. You're strong if you haven't given up yet" He said
"it's not easy. I miss the pack and i'm not allowed to see them till I have everything under control. Jasper said if I get too excited it could send me into a spiral and trigger my new abilities" I said sadly
"holy shit you have new powers?"
"yea I have this electric thing and I could teleport from one spot to another but it has to be close. I could also read minds like Edward" I said
"along with your past one and your luna ability you're strong as hell"
"that's why they're watching me. They know it's a lot of responsibility to have the powers I do" I said sadly
"is that Nova?" Sam said
"Dudeeee" Seth complained
"hi Luna!" Sam yelled
"Hey Sammy" I said smiling

I spent almost 20 minutes talking to Sam and hearing about Embry again. Sam said he couldn't wait for my wedding since he was walking me down the aisle. I know my dad would be pissed but since I went through my transition he hasn't checked up. He basically told Carlisle I made my decision and was dead to him.
"I know it's hard Nova but I know you're strong enough to get through it. Embry just needed time to figure everything out and he knew how bad talking over the phone was hurting both of you. He hasn't really left your room since you left. He only comes out to get food. He's hurting Nova"
I looked down as tears threatened to fall out of my eyes. I hated this so much but before my tears fell my name was called. I turned around and saw Rose there.
"we're starting" she smiled softly
"okay" I said
I said my goodbyes and went down

to build a home started playing as Bella walked down the aisle with Charlie. I looked around at all the people. I could smell the blood from one of their open wounds. Carlisle looked at me in fear that I wouldn't control myself. Seth came and held my hand and I felt myself relieve. Bella reached the end and met with Edward. I imagined me and Embry up there. It probably wouldn't happen anymore. I felt myself begin to tear up as they said their vows. They kissed and by now I was crying. Carlisle looked over at me and so did Charlie. Charlie thought I was crying cause everyone cries at weddings but Seth and the Cullens knew the pain I was feeling deep down.

The reception was over and it was the after party. Bella had asked me to perform a song for her and Edwards first dance after everyone's speeches. As I heard Bella's stupid friend get on stage and basically praise herself I walked up during her speech.
"Hey im still talking" She said
I pushed her off the stage making her stumble back
"Sorry guys but dude he probably chose her cause you're a cunt" I said sarcastically smiling
She scoffed
"Now that her bullshit of a speech is over i'd like to dedicate this song to the newly weds" I said
I looked at Bella and Edward and fire on fire by Sam smith started playing. I grabbed the mic trying not to cry cause me and embry used to sing that song all the time. During my performance I smelled Embry. I felt his presence and looked up and looked deep into the woods. I saw him wolf form watching me singing. We locked eyes and he ran away into the woods. I didn't even realize Bella and Edward had left a while ago. I got off the stage and ran towards him. I ran into my brother and almost fell back before Edward caught me.
"Did you know?!" Jake yelled at me
"What are you talking about?" I said
"That he's gonna have sex with her while she's still human?!" he yelled
"Jake it's her choice" I said
"how could you not try talking her out of it!" he yelled and shoved me
"Jacob, calm down alright?" Edward said
"Are you out of your mind?! Huh?! You'll kill her!" He screamed walking up
Seth grabbed Jake but he shoved Seth off sending him flying. I used my powers and teleported to catch Seth before he fell but I teleported too late and we both went flying to the floor.

Published March 12 2024

outfit